- CYCLING: Josiah in major crash
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- First catenary traffic light launched
- 'Sound of Music' actress dies at 91
- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- Teenage boy drowns after getting trapped in quicksand
- 17 shoplots gutted in morning blaze
- Petronas reports major gas find
- House owners return to begin the big clean-up
- Spanish 'ghost' airport goes up for sale
- 5 killed in crash
- Over 100,000 participate in anti-govt rally, Thai election on Feb 2
- Neocolonialism of our place names More
BANGKOK: Three workers were shot dead in an ambush in Kapor, Pattani, last night.
Kapor police chief Col Monteri Khonwamai said the three men aged between 17 and 20 years old were shot with M-16s by six armed men dressed in ranger uniform.
The three were delivering chicken at the Kampung Manandalam, Kapor, at 7.30pm when the attack occurred.
Col Monteri believed insurgents were responsible for the attack.
More than 5,000 people have died since suspected separatists resumed their armed campaign to seek independence for the three southern provinces of Narathiwat, Pattani and Yala eight years ago. Bernama