- Saiful Bukhari marries TV3 personality Nik Suryani Megat Deraman
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- 20 ancient tombs unearthed near China's 3 Gorges reservoir
- Vintage Apple computer auctioned off for $668,000
- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- Suspected rebels injure India ruling party leaders
- FA Cup premier league results
- UK police question alleged soldier killer's friend
- Malaysia targets 28 million foreign tourists next year - Nazri
- Google eyes Waze as Facebook targets hot Web maps property
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- Reports: 27 indicted in Bari match-fixing inquiry
- Rosberg puts Mercedes on pole position for Monaco GP More
MACHANG: The Wildlife and National Parks Department (Perhilitan) has captured three wild elephants near the Kampung Bukit Raja Forest Reserve, here.
Kelantan Perhilitan director Rahmat Topani said that one of the elephants, a female, was caught at 11am yesterday while the rest were captured at 11am today.
He said the elephants were shot with tranquilliser darts before they were caught. They are kept at the forest reserve before sending them to the National Elephant Conservation Centre in Kuala Gandah, Pahang or be released into Taman Negara.
Rahmat said the three elephants were believed to be the remainder from a herd of eight wild elephants seen by residents in the Felcra rubber plantation area after five were captured last month.
"Our success is due to fast action and the cooperation of the residents who lodged a report on the presence of the elephants.
"Subsequently, the Perhilitan rangers in Machang monitored the elephants since two days ago before we moved in to capture them," he added. - Bernama