- Police classify death of man in lock-up as murder
- 18 protestors detain for ignoring police orders to disperse
- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- Atheists are good if they do good, Pope Francis says
- Public advised not to visit places with leptospirosis cases
- Britain calls emergency meeting after man killed in London
- Three people killed in road accident
- Officials: Suspect lunged at FBI agent with knife
- Toddler drowns in pail of water
- PKR may postpone party election this November
- RON97 price down by 20 sen
- Facebook joins Web freedom group
- US scientist committed suicide, not murdered: pathologists
- US test-launches intercontinental missile More
Kuala Lumpur: A gang of 15 men went on rampage at PPR Desa Rejang flats and smashed several vehicles belonged to the flat dwellers early yesterday.
Sentul police chief Assistant Commissioner Zakaria Pagan said the incident occurred at 5am when the men who arrived in five cars started to smash the vehicles with sticks and steel rods.
Zakaria said the thugs’ action had irked some of the residents who were having drink at the nearby foodcourt and they decided to cordon off the area while waiting for police.
He said the residents managed to stop three cars from leaving the area while the other two vehicles managed to flee the scene.
“Police arrived shortly after we were alerted on the incident and apprehend 10 men to facilitate investigation,” he said.
Initial investigation revealed that the incident was motivated by revenge following to a fight between a PPR Desa Rejang flat resident with another man in Sri Rampai area few days ago.
Zakaria said all the men who were detained were taken to nearby police station and had their statements recorded before they were released on bail.
He said the case is being investigated under Section 148 of the Penal Code for rioting.