- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- 2 Mamak Gang members nabbed over pharmacy hold-up in Subang
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Filthy, disabled children found at grim Australian incest farm
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Anger over Mandela death 'picture'
- Queen Elizabeth went nuts over nibbles, court told
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- Two cops arrested for rape of Indonesian woman
- Cancer cases up 11%, breast cancer by a fifth: WHO
- 39 dead from plague in Madagascar: government
- Chong Wei cruises to victory
- PM: Malaysia moving into 2nd phase of LEP
- HOCKEY: Juniors come good More
Kuala Lumpur: A gang of 15 men went on rampage at PPR Desa Rejang flats and smashed several vehicles belonged to the flat dwellers early yesterday.
Sentul police chief Assistant Commissioner Zakaria Pagan said the incident occurred at 5am when the men who arrived in five cars started to smash the vehicles with sticks and steel rods.
Zakaria said the thugs’ action had irked some of the residents who were having drink at the nearby foodcourt and they decided to cordon off the area while waiting for police.
He said the residents managed to stop three cars from leaving the area while the other two vehicles managed to flee the scene.
“Police arrived shortly after we were alerted on the incident and apprehend 10 men to facilitate investigation,” he said.
Initial investigation revealed that the incident was motivated by revenge following to a fight between a PPR Desa Rejang flat resident with another man in Sri Rampai area few days ago.
Zakaria said all the men who were detained were taken to nearby police station and had their statements recorded before they were released on bail.
He said the case is being investigated under Section 148 of the Penal Code for rioting.