- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Anwar's creepy cameo
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Death of Mandela: Passing of a great leader
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Floods fail to deter couple
- FLOOD: Flood victims at relief centres exceed 50,000
- 'Cult followers may be out for more hits'
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- Tribute to King of Thailand
- Flood relief boat capsized, six passengers escape death
- PM's speech inspirational, motivating'
- Indian court orders fresh trial for Bollywood's Khan
- Jln Cenderawasih permanently closed since Nov 15: DBKL More
Kuala Lumpur: A gang of 15 men went on rampage at PPR Desa Rejang flats and smashed several vehicles belonged to the flat dwellers early yesterday.
Sentul police chief Assistant Commissioner Zakaria Pagan said the incident occurred at 5am when the men who arrived in five cars started to smash the vehicles with sticks and steel rods.
Zakaria said the thugs’ action had irked some of the residents who were having drink at the nearby foodcourt and they decided to cordon off the area while waiting for police.
He said the residents managed to stop three cars from leaving the area while the other two vehicles managed to flee the scene.
“Police arrived shortly after we were alerted on the incident and apprehend 10 men to facilitate investigation,” he said.
Initial investigation revealed that the incident was motivated by revenge following to a fight between a PPR Desa Rejang flat resident with another man in Sri Rampai area few days ago.
Zakaria said all the men who were detained were taken to nearby police station and had their statements recorded before they were released on bail.
He said the case is being investigated under Section 148 of the Penal Code for rioting.