- Muhyiddin: Arrest of 3 meant to safeguard peace
- BANTING MURDERS: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- BANTING MURDERS: Judge praises police investigators
- Trio detained for making seditious remarks
- BANTING MURDERS: Full Judgement
- New passport improvement
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- BANTING MURDERS: Guilty verdict brings closure for victims' families
- BANTING MURDERS: Chronology of events
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela
- Siti Hanisah conquers world's highest peak
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Highway bridge collapses in US; people in water
- Suspicion grows over swift selection of MB
- End near if self denial continues More
THE WAY FORWARD: Get PTPL diploma in retail management
MANY are reluctant to become entrepreneurs despite the potential rewards that they can reap from a business run systematically.
A lack of knowledge in retail management makes them sceptical of succeeding in this field.
Some think they need to possess a lot of experience before they can become an entrepreneur.
However, this field is not a difficult endeavour. The basics of management can be studied to make retailing a success.
Realising this, PTPL College is offering a Diploma in Retail Management under its School of Business Management & Professional Studies. The diploma provides students with the latest techniques and applications in business knowledge.
Those interested must have at least three credits in any subjects in their Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia/ Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia Vokasional, or possess other relevant certificates to pursue the 21/2-year course.
Students will be exposed to business ethics, finance, operations management, logistics, operations research and human resources management. This field has many important aspects to strengthen one's knowledge of business foundation.
Logistics management, for example, provides knowledge on price changes and management acts practised by a company when carrying out certain transactions.
Graduates in this field have vast career options. They can pursue a degree programme at the Management & Science University, or any public or private institutions of higher learning.
Alternatively, they can choose to work in supermarkets, department stores and large convenience stores, or in retailing and franchising.
The School of Business Management & Professional Studies also offers Diploma in Accounting, Diploma in Management, Diploma in Marketing, Diploma in Early Childhood Education, Diploma in Human Capital Management and Diploma in Education.