- MAS served beyond its normal duties: CEO
- Mother, daughter stranded at airport
- Trio gets death for trafficking cannabis
- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- Esplanade gathering organiser hauled up
- Malaysians easy target for London tricksters
- Retired Anglican priest convicted of sex abuse
- Four die in 4-vehicle crash
- Taiwan fighter jet crashes, 2nd in a week
- Water supply in KL restored: Syabas
- Husband's friend held over housewife's death
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Taiwan, Japan, Denmark in Sudirman Cup quarterfinals
- Philippines approves three new wind farms
- Pepsi to march in, as foreign troops leave Afghanistan More
Trial of Sichan's murder goes to Penang High Court
BUKIT MERTAJAM: The trial of a hardware trader and his wife charged with murdering their Cambodian maid was transferred to the Penang High Court today.
Soh Chew Tong, 43, and his wife Chin Chui Ling, 41, were charged at the magistrate's court with murdering their maid Mey Sichan, 24, at their home in Taman Asas Murni here between Jan 1 and April 1.
Deputy Public Prosecutor Nurdeenie Abdul Rashid prosecuted before magistrate Arif Mohamad Shariff.
Sichan had been working for the couple for several months when she was found dead on March 31, allegedly due to prolonged starvation.
She had injuries on her body and weighed only 26kg when she was discovered.