- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tiger of Jelutong’s lust for political trailblazing
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Paloh assemblyman, son injured, wife killed in accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Pix gallery day 2
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tributes pour in
- MH370 Tragedy: Approach may be reviewed if no concrete evidence: Hishammuddin
- Karpal Singh's Death: He was St Xavier's Institution most illustrious son
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Plane may be intact on seafloor, says expert
- Karpal Singh's Death: Coffee with less sugar, Karpal's favourite - Shop owner
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's residence filled with mourners
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's body arrives in Penang residence
- MH370 Tragedy: US denies MH370 'cover-up' More
Two fishermen sentenced to death for trafficking in cannabis
ALOR STAR: Two fishermen, one of them a Thai national, were sentenced to death by the High Court yesterday for trafficking in 9,589g of cannabis last year.
Judicial Commissioner Mohd Zaki Abdul Wahab ruled that the prosecution had proven a prima facie case against Abdul Aziz Yatim from Langakawi and Abdun Hamid Masman from Satun in south Thailand.
Abdul Aziz, 42, and Abdun Hamid, 44, were found guilty of committing the offence on an unregistered wooden fishing boat about 0.2 nautical miles from Kuala Jerlun near here at 12.20pm on Jan 9.
Mohd Zaki said the court found the defence given by the accused was unacceptable.
“Both the accused claimed that they were unaware of the cannabis which was found inside their rented fishing boat,” he said.
“However, the court finds it hard to believe the defence tendered by the accused.”
Deputy public prosecutor Wan Nor Hasnita Wan Daud prosecuted while counsel Rahmatullah Burhanuddeen appeared for both the accused.