- There is a need to rewrite Malaysian history - Tun Mahathir
- Perodua offers more affordable, quality cars
- 'CCTV images may yield clue on hawker's fate'
- Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan faces baby sex test inquiry
- Lahad Datu police still investigating teen's abduction claim
- Japan experts mull rules on chimeric embryos
- Police seeks killer who knifed 54-year-old man in Jalan Imbi
- Justin Bieber in traffic accident in Los Angeles
- Agong launches RM 600 million MSU campus
- Dating site for broody singles launches in Denmark
- Cops seize fake firearms
- New Zealand boy, 11, fathers child to woman, 36
- Clearing up the wreckage
- EAT WELL: Salty signals
- Korean Air orders 11 Boeing long-haul jets in $3.6bn deal More
Two former travel agency staff including an Italian were charged
KUALA LUMPUR: Two former travel agency staff including an Italian were charged at the magistrate’s court with assisting to dispose documents relating to transaction of more than RM170,000 which was deposited into their company's account.
Ahmad Fauzi Abdul Kahir, 41, and Corrado Margarita, 61, both former staff of Lotus Asia Tours Sdn Bhd, pleaded not guilty to assisting to dispose documents on transaction of RM129,713.81 deposited by Syarikat Antares Biaggi into an account belonging to Equinox Travel Services Sdn Bhd, a company operated by the accused.
They were also charged with committing a similar offence in relation to the deposit of RM43,335.36 by Syarikat RUUT into Equinox' account.
The two allegedly committed the offences at Lotus Asia Tours' office in Megan Avenue, Jalan Tun Razak, here on Jan 6 and July 13, 2004, respectively.
They were alleged to have committed the offences with another person still at large.
Deputy public prosecutor Siti Aisyah Ahmad prosecuted while counsel Abdul Nasir Abdullah acted for Fauzi and Corrado.
Magistrate Nur Azura Murah set bail at RM12,000 with one surety for Fauzi and fixed RM15,000 with one Malaysian surety for Corrado.
She also ordered them to report to the nearest police station every two weeks and Corrado had to surrender his passport to the court.
Nur Azura fixed Oct 12 for mention.