- CYCLING: Josiah in major crash
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- 5 killed in crash
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- Spanish 'ghost' airport goes up for sale
- Egypt's General El-Sisi voted Person of the Year by Time readers
- Neocolonialism of our place names
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Teenage boy drowns after getting trapped in quicksand
- Rare riot shocks Singapore
- Chinese-Brazilian satellite fails to enter orbit
- FMM supports maintaining Saturday, Sunday as weekends in Selangor
- HOCKEY: Malaysian Juniors beat England 4-2 in New Delhi
- Thai PM calls elections as protesters fight on More
IPOH: Police have arrested two men from Perak for participation in the Bersih 3.0 gathering in Kuala Lumpur on April 28.
Perak Police chief Datuk Mohd Shukri Dahalan said today a 43-year-old night market trader from Tambun and a 52-year-old plumber from Klebang were picked up at their homes last Saturday.
They have been handed over to Bukit Aman police headquarters for further investigation, he said.
"We have identified only two individuals from Perak who were involved in the Bersih 3.0 gathering," he said after attending a police monthly gathering, here.
On another matter, Mohd Shukri said police arrested a motorcyclist for having a pistol at a petrol station in Jalan Ipoh-Lumut near Manjung last
The 34-year-old man was stopped by police patrolmen at 1 am for behaving suspiciously, but he tried to flee and was caught after a 5-km chase, he said.
He said police found a pistol, eight bullets and four mobile phones in a sling bag.
The man, a night market trader, was remanded for a week for further investigation.
In another incident, police held six men aged between 20 and 35 years for being involved in the assault of a patient at a private hospital here on May 8, and have remanded them for a week for investigation.
Shukri said all the men were held on Thursday in the new town area here.
Police investigation revealed that the patient was injured in a quarrel at an entertainment centre here. He had jumped over the balcony to escape the
attackers. - Bernama