- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Filthy, disabled children found at grim Australian incest farm
- Queen Elizabeth went nuts over nibbles, court told
- Anger over Mandela death 'picture'
- Cancer cases up 11%, breast cancer by a fifth: WHO
- 39 dead from plague in Madagascar: government
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- 3 Japanese firms keen to participate in S'pore-KL rail link project: PM
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- HOCKEY: Juniors come good
- Chong Wei cruises to victory
- 2 Mamak Gang members nabbed over pharmacy hold-up in Subang
- Norway offers to fill empty Swedish prison cells More
Two victims of drilling platform fire to receive further treatment
Miri: Two people who were injured in a fire at a drilling platform yesterday morning are expected to be flown out to Kuala Lumpur tonight for further treatment.
Sources told Bernama that the duo, Bernad Christpher, 39 and Joseph Brandah Buar, 25, will be flown out at 9pm tonight while Mohd Syahrizal Yusop, 27, is still receiving treatment at the Miri Hospital.
The fire occurred at 9.20am at the compressor skid of the Tukau drilling platform B (TKDP-B), 31km off the shores of Miri, injuring five people.
Meanwhile, Petroleum Nasional Berhad (Petronas) in a statement gave its assurance that the fire would not pose any safety or environmental hazard such as spillage, leakage and explosion since the preliminary assessment had confirmed that the entire structure was still intact.
The statement said investigation was still ongoing to determine the cause of the incident. -- Bernama