- MAS served beyond its normal duties: CEO
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- Mother, daughter stranded at airport
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- Guan Eng: State govt has the right to hold rally
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn
- Zahid: Probe into Lahad Datu intrusion completed
- Malaysians easy target for London tricksters
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- 'Rule of law crucial to nation's integrity'
- Teacher acquitted of molest charge
- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- Retired Anglican priest convicted of sex abuse
- Taiwan, Japan, Denmark in Sudirman Cup quarterfinals
- EPL: Wenger vows to spend More
KUALA LUMPUR: Two friends who were charged with robbing an Internet cafe worker last year, were ordered by the Sessions court to enter their defence.
Judge Azwarnida Affandi in her decision today said the prosecution had established a prima facie case against the accused, Wan Nur Azhar Mohd Yusoff, 26, and Muhammad Khairy Hadi Abd Aziz, 23.
The two were charged with robbing Dahalan Ali, 45, of RM4,600 at the Internet cafe in Taman Len Sen in Cheras at 4am on Aug 15.
Six prosecution witnesses had testified in the trial.
In her decision, Azwarnida said the victim was a credible and honest witness.
"CCTV recordings and identification parade supported the testimonies from the witnesses," she said.
She also fixed Aug 29 for the accused to enter their defence.
Deputy public prosecutor Dalira Din prosecuted while Amirul Ridzuan Hanif acted for Wan Nur Azhar and Muhammad Khairy.