- MH370 Tragedy: US denies MH370 'cover-up'
- MH370 Tragedy: Najib raps Anwar for absurd claims
- MH370 Tragedy: 6-hour data collected by Bluefin-21 being analysed
- 'Anwar out to fool people with absurd statement'
- MH370 Tragedy: First foray of mini-sub finds nothing of interest
- Commotion breaks out at Perak-JDT match
- MH370 Tragedy: Search enters new phase
- Call traced to co-pilot's phone
- MH370 Tragedy: Mini-sub on second mission
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- Its BSM's right to decide on move: Khalid Ibrahim
- MISSING MH370: 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Rare baby camel makes his debut
- MH370 Tragedy: Bunga Mas Enam sails off to help SAR
- MISSING MH370: Loud noise reported, believed linked to missing plane More
KOTA KINABALU: Umno information chief Datuk Ahmad Maslan today criticised Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) director of strategy Rafizi Ramli, alleging that the latter was seen as attempting to link Agbimuddin Kiram to Sabah Umno.
He said Rafizi had claimed that Agbimuddin, younger brother of Jamalul Kiram who allegedly heads the group of Sulu terrorists who intruded into Sabah, had served as an assistant district officer (ADO) or a civil servant in Kudat from March 1, 1974, with a salary of RM610.
"If he had actually served as the ADO in Kudat in the 70s, it has nothing to do with Umno," Ahmad told reporters after launching a "Patriot Gathering" of NGOs in Likas near here.
"Umno was not in Sabah at that time. Umno only came to Sabah in the 90s. I feel this is another accusation against Umno.
"We are not that stupid to stage a drama," he said when asked to comment on Rafizi's statement published in the social media.
Ahmad said Umno and the BN were always thinking how to defend Sabah.
"We will defend to the extent that not even an inch of our land will fall to the terrorists. That's our job. Theirs (the opposition's) is to accuse us," he said.
Ahmad said the patriot gathering was aimed at showing support for the efforts of the Sabah and federal governments in overcoming the Sulu terrorists and resolving the matter of the intrusion.
The NGOs which participated in the programme proposed reinforcing the security forces in Sabah. - BERNAMA