- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- MCA's '3 kingdom' battle
- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Restaurant owner survives shooting
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- 'Anwar unfit to be leader'
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- New-look Perdana is govt official car
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- Najib leaves for Tokyo
- 2013 SEA GAMES: 8th day results involving Malaysia
- Celebrations on hold
- 11 commando trainees, 2 instructors to get Pingat Gagah Berani
- Mandela family 'humbled' by thousands turning out in cold, rain More
BALIK PULAU: PAS leaders are only good at talking about the struggles of the party but are never able to understand them, said Penang Umno information chief, Datuk Seri Dr Hilmi Yahaya.
He said the PAS leaders were so obsessed with politics that they had strayed from their original struggle of establishing an Islamic state while attempting to meet the needs of its allies like DAP.
"Actually, they can differentiate whether the issue is political or religious in nature.
"I'm also surprised that PAS, which has been struggling to establish an Islamic state, has changed its stand because of the influence of the DAP," he told reporters at his Hari Raya Aidilfitri open house last night.
Last Friday, a group of PAS Penang members supported former deputy president, Nasharuddin Mat Isa, for his efforts to preserve the sanctity of Islam.
The group said it regretted the attitude of the top leadership for keeping quiet towards the strong stand by the DAP on the implementation of the hudud laws. -- BERNAMA