- Kidnapped Taiwan woman returns home
- SEA GAMES: Malaysia bags 43 gold medals
- MCA 2013 : Party's future in members hands - Dr Chua
- Retired NST staff, wife killed in multiple vehicle crash
- MCA 2013 : Liow is new party president
- France searches river for China tycoon after chopper crash
- PKR Wanita chief slams Lim for racist remark
- 'No jobs for medical grads next year'
- 'Errant drivers are cheating the system'
- Najib's visit to Saudi Arabia will take KL-Riyadh relations to greater heights
- Singapore beats Malaysia in Sea Games football
- MCA 2013 : Timeline
- Closure of waste transfer station at Taman Beringin, garbage dumped by roadside
- MCA 2013 : Liow vows to unite party
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan More
KUANTAN: A Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP) student is missing and feared drowned after he was swept away by the current while bathing at the Bekelah waterfall near Gambang, today.
Ang Kent Chin, 21, had gone to the picnic area at 8am along with his fellow UMP students for a co-curriculum activity and reported missing at about 10.30am.
Pahang Fire and Rescue public relations officer Anuar Hassan said the department was informed of the incident shortly after and despatched a team to the scene.
They had to trek uphill for three hours to reach the spot, he said, adding that a search operation was now underway. -- BERNAMA