- Police classify death of man in lock-up as murder
- BANTING MURDER: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- RON97 price down by 20 sen
- 18 protestors detain for ignoring police orders to disperse
- S. Korean girl killed by suicide jumper
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- IGP: Zero tolerance for street crimes
- KL vehicle number plates to start with W, ends with A
- Moyes is the real deal
- Public advised not to visit places with leptospirosis cases
- PKR may postpone party election this November
- US soldier accused of secretly taping naked women
- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- Britain calls emergency meeting after man killed in London More
Uphold racial, religious, cultural solidarity: Najib
KUALA LUMPUR -- Datuk Seri Najib Razak has reminded all Malaysians to continue to strongly protect the success in uniting the people of various races, religions and cultures in the country.
The Prime Minister said this was to ensure that harmony and prosperity in Malaysia continued to be preserved for the benefit of the future generation.
"This diversity in the country's socio-culture is the country's main asset and must be preserved and expanded under the 1Malaysia concept," he said in his message in the Malaysia Day souvenir programme to be celebrated in Sarawak tomorrow.
In addition, he also called on all Malaysians to look back at the intention and aspirations of past leaders who had acted maturely and with far-sightedness.
He said the success of the past leaders had enabled the people today to enjoy all the progress achieved. -- Bernama