- MAS served beyond its normal duties: CEO
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- Mother, daughter stranded at airport
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn
- Zahid: Probe into Lahad Datu intrusion completed
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- Guan Eng: State govt has the right to hold rally
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- Malaysians easy target for London tricksters
- 'Rule of law crucial to nation's integrity'
- EPL: Wenger vows to spend
- Water woes for KL, Selangor folk
- Teacher acquitted of molest charge
- SUDIRMAN CUP: Kim Her stands by fading pair More
Uruguay's new ambassador calls on Dewan Negara president
KUALA LUMPUR: Uruguay's new ambassador to Malaysia, Gerardo Prato, today called on Dewan Negara president Tan Sri Abu Zahar Ujang at his office at Parliament House.
Abu Zahar said they shared views on economic, social and political matters as well as ties between Uruguay and Malaysia.
"The ambassador wants relations between Malaysia and his country to be enhanced," he told Bernama.
Also present at the meeting was Dewan Negara deputy president Senator Datuk Doris Sophia Brodi.
Prato, 56, had served in various capacities, including as Uruguay's foreign affairs director of protocol from 2009 to 2010 and minister counsellor at his
country's permanent mission to the United Nations in New York. -- BERNAMA