- CYCLING: Josiah in major crash
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- Spanish 'ghost' airport goes up for sale
- 5 killed in crash
- Teenage boy drowns after getting trapped in quicksand
- Neocolonialism of our place names
- Egypt's General El-Sisi voted Person of the Year by Time readers
- Chinese-Brazilian satellite fails to enter orbit
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Rare riot shocks Singapore
- HOCKEY: Malaysian Juniors beat England 4-2 in New Delhi
- FMM supports maintaining Saturday, Sunday as weekends in Selangor
- Small steps, big impact More
Uruguay's new ambassador calls on Dewan Negara president
KUALA LUMPUR: Uruguay's new ambassador to Malaysia, Gerardo Prato, today called on Dewan Negara president Tan Sri Abu Zahar Ujang at his office at Parliament House.
Abu Zahar said they shared views on economic, social and political matters as well as ties between Uruguay and Malaysia.
"The ambassador wants relations between Malaysia and his country to be enhanced," he told Bernama.
Also present at the meeting was Dewan Negara deputy president Senator Datuk Doris Sophia Brodi.
Prato, 56, had served in various capacities, including as Uruguay's foreign affairs director of protocol from 2009 to 2010 and minister counsellor at his
country's permanent mission to the United Nations in New York. -- BERNAMA