- Saiful Bukhari marries TV3 personality Nik Suryani Megat Deraman
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- 20 ancient tombs unearthed near China's 3 Gorges reservoir
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- Vintage Apple computer auctioned off for $668,000
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- Malaysia targets 28 million foreign tourists next year - Nazri
- FA Cup premier league results
- UK police question alleged soldier killer's friend
- Suspected rebels injure India ruling party leaders
- Rosberg puts Mercedes on pole position for Monaco GP
- Thousands throng temples nationwide
- Reports: 27 indicted in Bari match-fixing inquiry More
US father kills young son in accidental shooting
WASHINGTON - An American man getting into his truck while holding a gun accidentally shot and killed his seven-year-old son Saturday, police said.
The tragedy occurred in East Lackawannock Township, about 60 miles (100 kilometers) north of Pittsburg, Pennsylvania.
The father was identified as Joseph Loughrey, 44, and his son, who was shot in the chest, was named Craig, according to a statement from the Pennsylvania State Police.
The father and son were getting back into their truck after visiting a gun store called Twigs Reloading Den.
Loughrey told police he had emptied the magazine of his handgun but did not realize there was still a bullet in the chamber, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported. - AFP