- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Restaurant owner survives shooting
- MCA's '3 kingdom' battle
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- Manhunt launched for bogus interpreter at Mandela’s memorial service
- 2nd Penang bridge to be opened in Feb 2014
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- New-look Perdana is govt official car
- Celebrations on hold
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- 'Anwar unfit to be leader' More
US father kills young son in accidental shooting
WASHINGTON - An American man getting into his truck while holding a gun accidentally shot and killed his seven-year-old son Saturday, police said.
The tragedy occurred in East Lackawannock Township, about 60 miles (100 kilometers) north of Pittsburg, Pennsylvania.
The father was identified as Joseph Loughrey, 44, and his son, who was shot in the chest, was named Craig, according to a statement from the Pennsylvania State Police.
The father and son were getting back into their truck after visiting a gun store called Twigs Reloading Den.
Loughrey told police he had emptied the magazine of his handgun but did not realize there was still a bullet in the chamber, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported. - AFP