- Anwar guilty of sodomy, gets five years jail
- Taib's son spared jail as court strikes out ex-wife's contempt application
- Xbox One makes hot debut as console war revs up
- African student shot dead near college in Mantin
- Hasni: We haven't lost our right
- Nintendo forecasts net loss, slashes Wii U sales target
- Couple to hang for murdering maid
- Billion-ringgit undersea cable project
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Anwar sodomy trial: Defence witness was not consistent with his testimony
- Home Ministry bans publication of 'Ultraman The Ultra Power'
- 2 German tourists assaulted in George Town
- PM: Malaysia hopes to develop stronger links with British industry
- Nation's interests before my own popularity, says Najib
- SHOWBIZ: Sherlock’s big secret More
PUTRAJAYA: Public servants have been urged to practice the National Blue Ocean Strategy approach when carrying out their work to increase their productivity.
Chief Secretary to the Government Datuk Seri Dr Ali Hamsa, addressing a 500 crowd at the meet and greet session with the Putrajaya community yesterday, Ali said that the approach would make their tasks easier and he urged the authorities to also include the strategy when organising programmes.
"The authorities such as Putrajaya Corporation (Ppj), the resident associations and the non-governmental associations must carry out the strategy when conducting community programmes such as the My Beautiful Malaysia Day pro gramme.
"They must also maximise the usage of the facilities available such as the multipurpose halls, sport complexes, recreation parks and mosques in Putrajaya, so it would bring about minimum costs but maximum impact," he said.
The NBOS was introduced in 2011, to inculcate creativity, innovation, and out-of-the-box thinking in coming up with methods to help and enhance the people's lifestyle with minimum costs.
Ali said the government has proved their commitment to their promises with initiatives such as the Government Transformation Programme (GTP), Economic Transforma tion Programme (GTP), Political Transformation Programme and the NBOS.
He said the people must continue to show support to the government by also committing to the various initiatives that has been established.
Citing the My Beautiful Malaysia Day programme as an example, Ali said it was a new Social Transformation Pro gramme to complete the National Transformation Policy and should be encouraged among the people.
He said these kind of programmes was intended to further spur the spirit of volunteerism among the youth, he said.
"Let us instill the spirit of volunteerism and patriotism in our children for the sake of building the nation, to realise Vision 2020 and to mould our country's status and de velopment," he said.