- MH370 Tragedy: US denies MH370 'cover-up'
- MH370 Tragedy: Najib raps Anwar for absurd claims
- MH370 Tragedy: 6-hour data collected by Bluefin-21 being analysed
- 'Anwar out to fool people with absurd statement'
- MH370 Tragedy: First foray of mini-sub finds nothing of interest
- Commotion breaks out at Perak-JDT match
- MH370 Tragedy: Search enters new phase
- Call traced to co-pilot's phone
- MH370 Tragedy: Mini-sub on second mission
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- Its BSM's right to decide on move: Khalid Ibrahim
- MISSING MH370: 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Rare baby camel makes his debut
- MH370 Tragedy: Bunga Mas Enam sails off to help SAR
- MISSING MH370: Loud noise reported, believed linked to missing plane More
PUTRAJAYA: Public servants have been urged to practice the National Blue Ocean Strategy approach when carrying out their work to increase their productivity.
Chief Secretary to the Government Datuk Seri Dr Ali Hamsa, addressing a 500 crowd at the meet and greet session with the Putrajaya community yesterday, Ali said that the approach would make their tasks easier and he urged the authorities to also include the strategy when organising programmes.
"The authorities such as Putrajaya Corporation (Ppj), the resident associations and the non-governmental associations must carry out the strategy when conducting community programmes such as the My Beautiful Malaysia Day pro gramme.
"They must also maximise the usage of the facilities available such as the multipurpose halls, sport complexes, recreation parks and mosques in Putrajaya, so it would bring about minimum costs but maximum impact," he said.
The NBOS was introduced in 2011, to inculcate creativity, innovation, and out-of-the-box thinking in coming up with methods to help and enhance the people's lifestyle with minimum costs.
Ali said the government has proved their commitment to their promises with initiatives such as the Government Transformation Programme (GTP), Economic Transforma tion Programme (GTP), Political Transformation Programme and the NBOS.
He said the people must continue to show support to the government by also committing to the various initiatives that has been established.
Citing the My Beautiful Malaysia Day programme as an example, Ali said it was a new Social Transformation Pro gramme to complete the National Transformation Policy and should be encouraged among the people.
He said these kind of programmes was intended to further spur the spirit of volunteerism among the youth, he said.
"Let us instill the spirit of volunteerism and patriotism in our children for the sake of building the nation, to realise Vision 2020 and to mould our country's status and de velopment," he said.