- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- 'Sound of Music' actress dies at 91
- Bangladesh Islamist to be hanged after midnight
- Take photo at counter
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- China sex workers face 'harsh' detention: rights group
- Singapore Riot : Malaysia always in state of prepareness
- Undentified lorry driver flees after hit-and-run crash
- Ministry forms panel for PISA
- Thousands questioned in widening crackdown after Singapore riot
- RTD officer, suspect in heavy machinery theft, detained
- Netanyahu missing Mandela memorial for cost reasons: media More
KUALA LUMPUR: Penang Wanita Umno chief Zabariah Wahab questioned Parti Keadilan Rakyat president Datin Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail for keeping mum over the various sexual allegations against her husband, Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.
"As a wife and the closest person to Anwar, Dr Wan Azizah should protect her husband's dignity," Zabariah said in commenting on allegations made by Malaysian United Indian Party president Datuk S. Nallakaruppan against Anwar.
"By keeping mum on this issue, her credibility as a wife and mother has to be questioned."
Zabariah said Dr Wan Azizah, as a wife, should clear her husband's name and not let the public hurl accusations against him.
"People want to know the truth to all these allegations. Dr Wan Azizah must clear all doubts on this issue."
Anwar had on Monday filed a RM100 million defamation suit against Nallakaruppan over the allegations. Dr Wan Azizah could not be reached for comment.