- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- 'He's alive!' Video emerges of ship's cook thought lost at sea
- Man catches unique fish with horns
- Spain surgeons cut giant 25kg tumour from woman's womb
- FLOOD : Pahang in a quandary
- FLOOD : Man and son drown in Kuantan
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- MAS chiefs 'not doing more'
- Soi Lek confirms he will step down as president
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admits cocaine use
- Suspect's parents say he is innocent
- Truck with radioactive load stolen in Mexico
- Woman killed in crash
- Spain arrests man with vast child porn haul More
Water park says leptospirosis FB post ‘slanderous’
SHAH ALAM: The Petaling Health Department has taken samples of water from the Wet World Water Park Shah Alam for tests in the wake of alleged deaths of children infec ted by leptospirosis after visiting the theme park.
Timothy Lee, deputy general manager of Only World Group, the company managing the theme park, said yes terday they were awaiting a official report from the de partment before commenting further.
The theme park had come under the spotlight after a Facebook userposting claimed that three children died after suf fering from the water borne disease.
Lee said they had lodged a police report over the matter and they would not hesitate to take legal action against any individual who made such false claims.
“We found no basis for the claim. So far, none of the family members had come forward to see us. I have also tried to contact the individual on Facebook but failed as the ac count was no longer active.” he said.
He added that it was a slanderous claim to tarnish the company’s reputation and to stop visitors from coming tovisiting the theme park for recreation.
A Facebook account belonging to a “Fasya Mansor” had claimed that a daughter of her friend had died last week after being attacked by the virus following a visit to the theme park.
Apart from advising the public against visiting the theme park, the individual also claimed that several days after the first incident, two more of her friends’ daughters had died due to similar circumstances.