- Karpal Singh's Death: The Tiger is finally put to rest
- MH370 Tragedy: NOK committee to set date for 'no survivors' announcement
- Karpal Singh's Death: Nawawi apologises to Karpal's family
- Tour bus tragedy updates : UK tourist identified as victim
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Tour bus falls into ravine, 1 dies
- Karpal Singh's Death: The final tour
- GOOGLE: Malaysia’s Top 10 Trending Searches on Google
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- MH370 Tragedy: Police have recorded statements from 260 people
- Karpal Singh's Death: Cortège arrives at crematorium
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- Nigeria gunmen raze teachers residence at girls school
- Anwar Ibrahim reiterates support for hudud
- TRAGIC END: Three youths drowned near two popular beaches More
KUALA LUMPUR: Several areas in Kuala Lumpur, Hulu Selangor, Klang, Shah Alam and Kuala Langat will experience scheduled water supply disruption temporarily following works to upgrade the water supply system by Syarikat Bekalan Air Selangor Sdn Bhd (Syabas) and third parties.
Syabas corporate communications and public affairs department assistant general manager, Priscilla Alfred in a statement today said in Kuala Lumpur, 15,809 consumer accounts will be affected by the disruption which will begin at 9pm on May 15 to 5am the next day (Thursday, May 16).
The disruption follows diversion of Syabas pipes in Jalan Cheras by third parties for the proposed construction of a Petronas petrol station which will involve Taman Cantik; Pandan Prima; Angsana Hilir; Taman Ikan Tenaga; Taman Ikan Emas; Taman Maluri; Jalan Salak Selatan; Kampung Sungai Kerayong; Pandan Pertama; Taman Ampang Putra; Kampung Pandan Luar; Kampung Pandan Dalam; Jalan Tenteram; Jalan Cheras; Taman Midah; Taman Desa Aman; Taman Rajawali; Jalan Kuari; Kampung Cheras Baru Bukit A; part of Kampung Cheras Baru; Taman Cheras Makmur; Taman Bukit Ria; Taman Bukit Pandan and Taman Pertama.
Water supply disruption is also expected to take place in Hulu Selangor involving Bandar Baru Sungai Buaya from 10pm on May 15 to 3am the next day following works to replace valves in Bandar Sungai Buaya.
Works to replace Syabas pipes in Jalan Pulau Indah for the proposed upgrading of Jalan Lingkaran Pulau Indah will also cause water supply disruption around Kampung Pulau Indah and Port Klang Free Zone on May 17 (Friday) from 7pm to 9am the next day (Saturday, May 18).
Apart from that, Klang/Shah Alam will also experience water supply disruption at the 5th and 6th Mile of Black Water Estate 2, Jalan Langat on May 20 (Monday) from 9pm to 5am the next day (Tuesday, May 21) due to the laying of new pipes in Jalan Klang-Banting for the proposal to raise water pressure capacity to Sijangkang area.
Several areas in Kuala Langat will also face water supply disruption on the same day and time including Trade Sijangkang; Jalan Besar Sijangkang; Taman Perwira, Sijangkang; Taman Sijangkang Jaya; Jalan Masjid, Batu 9; Taman Seri Medan; Jalan Gangsa; Jalan Perak; Jalan Suasa; Jalan Enggang; Jalan Rajawali; Jalan Kasawari; Jalan Merak and Jalan Helang.
Subsequently, Syabas advised consumers to keep sufficient water and use water prudently during the disruption period. -- BERNAMA