- Man sorry for assault on wife
- FLOOD: Flood victims at relief centres exceed 50,000
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- 11,000 go without power in Terengganu
- SHOWBIZ: More than OK
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- Malaysia's national economic transformation initiatives won world's accolades
- DELIGHTFUL READ
- Tribute to King of Thailand
- Jln Cenderawasih permanently closed since Nov 15: DBKL
- Residents in Kuantan resuming daily routine
- East Timorese stone Australian embassy in spying row
- Why Umno must embrace social media faster
- Indian court orders fresh trial for Bollywood's Khan
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final More
BATU GAJAH: A welder suffered more than RM70,000 in losses when two cars, three motorcycles and two electric-powered bicycles were destroyed in a fire at his house in Taman Pinggiran Timah Jaya, Tanjung Tualang, here today.
Loo Siew Seng, 42, said he was alerted to the fire at 3 am by explosions outside his house and found the cars, motorcycles and the bicycles ablaze.
"I woke up my parents, wife and children to save themselves from the fire which destroyed the front portion of the house," he said.
He said that during the fire, he saw a man riding a motorcycle away from the area but added that he did not have any enemies and that he worked overseas most of the time and had just returned home for two weeks.
Meanwhile, Batu Gajah police chief ACP Shahrum Anuar Abdul Latif, when contacted, confirmed the incident and said police did not rule out arson. -- BERNAMA