- Anwar's creepy cameo
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Death of Mandela: Passing of a great leader
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- FLOOD: Flood victims at relief centres exceed 50,000
- Floods fail to deter couple
- 'Cult followers may be out for more hits'
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- Tribute to King of Thailand
- PM's speech inspirational, motivating'
- Indian court orders fresh trial for Bollywood's Khan
- Jln Cenderawasih permanently closed since Nov 15: DBKL
- 11,000 go without power in Terengganu
- European storm turns deadly, threatens huge tidal surge More
William Yau's parents called to identify body of boy found in river
KLANG: The body of a fair-skinned boy, believed to be about 7 years old, was fished out from Sungai Sireh, here, earlier today.
However, police said they could not confirm if the body was that of 6-year-old William Yau Zhen Zhong, who has been missing since Jan 16.
Klang Selatan police chief Assistant Commissioner Mohamad Mat Yusop said William’s parents have been informed of the incident and were on their way to Tengku Ampuan Rahimah Hospital to identify the body.
Mohamad said the body was found by a member of the public around 7.30pm.
“It was found floating near the jetty and the villagers fished it out,” he added.
The boy was wearing an orange T-shirt and yellow shorts and had an injury mark on his head.
“But we are not sure if he was bludgeoned or hit by a boat,” Mohamad said.
On Jan 16, William’s parents, Kok Kang, 38, and his wife, Goh Ying Ying, 26, reported him missing after he was left in the car with his 7-year-old brother and year-old sister at 8.30pm.
The family had stopped at an electrical store in Jalan Putra Mahkota 7/6C here to look at washing machines.
When they returned 15 minutes later, he was nowhere to be seen.
Their eldest son said William had gone looking for them because their sister had started crying.
The store employees helped them to look for the boy in the neighbourhood but he could not be located. They then lodged a police report.