- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- Four injured in RapidKL bus crash in Jalan Pudu
- Lynas engineer drowns in pond at plant
- United States thanks Malaysia for saving their soldiers in Somalia
- 50 including 47 foreigners nabbed in Internet love scam in Kepong
- My kampung Taman Tun Dr Ismail
- Downpour causes flash floods, traffic congestions in Klang Valley
- Annuar Musa quits all football posts with immediate effect
- Shaken not stirred: Did 007 have alcoholic tremor?
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- Abducted baby rescued within 24 hours
- Milan orders removal of naughty Christmas tree
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Housewife cheated of RM20,000 worth of jewellery More
KUALA LUMPUR: An unemployed woman claimed trial at the Sessions Court yesterday to cheating a businessman of RM100,000.
Kherinjit Kaur, 28, was charged with cheating Hariban Singh, 54, by inducing him to give her a cheque for RM100,000 to enter into a business with promised profits.
She was alleged to have committed the offence in front of Maybank branch in Jalan Cantonment, Sentul, here at 10am on Aug 29 last year.
Deputy public prosecutor Suzanne Tiyon Bimen proposed bail to be set at RM100,000 with one surety.
Pleading for a lower amount, Kherinjit, who was unrepresented, said she was still looking for a job and had to support her unemployed father.
Judge Che Mohamad Zulkifly Jusoh fixed bail at RM10,000 with one surety and fixed Oct 24 for trial.