- Police classify death of man in lock-up as murder
- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- 18 protestors detain for ignoring police orders to disperse
- US test-launches intercontinental missile
- NYC woman gets probation for stalking actress
- Mais non! French universities may teach in English
- Ministry urges further charge in syariah or sessions court for rape accused
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- US scientist committed suicide, not murdered: pathologists
- 7 dead in Afghan suicide blast: officials
- Wanted suspect caught after dramatic car chase
- Three people killed in road accident
- Toddler drowns in pail of water
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee More
THERE is no denying that celebrity reality shows have been mushrooming over the last decade. More and more American celebrities are documenting their lives through television.
These include The Simple Life starring Paris Hilton and her former best friend Nicole Richie, the Kardashian sisters in Keeping Up With The Kardashians, and former runway model-turned-businesswoman Kimora Lee in Kimora: Life In The Fab Lane.
Recently, another reality show popped up over E! Entertainment (Astro Channel 712), with the popular and talented identical twins Tia and Tamera Mowry, who practically grew up before the cameras. I can still remember them in the 1990s hit comedy TV series, Sister, Sister. And later in the Disney Channel movie Twitches, circa 2000.
In Sister, Sister, they were these cute, spunky kids who happened to be very comical. Extremely animated, one is sure to get a good dose of laughter and entertainment.
So, I was curious about their new reality show, aptly entitled Tia & Tamera, just to see how they have turned out after all these years, in terms of outlook and personalities.
One thing for sure, the girls are all grown up. Gone are the days when their discussions revolved around boys, dates and schoolwork. Now in their 30s, it’s now about bridal showers and babies. Still maintaining their clean-cut image and bouncy charm in the eight-episode series of Tia & Tamera, these identical twins show that their real life is hardly a walk in the park.
The show chronicles them confronting dramatic life changes.
Tia, who is married to actor Cory Hardrict, is having a baby, while Tamera is busy is preparing for her big day when she will tie the knot with Fox News correspondent Adam Housley.
It is certainly not easy juggling TV hosting and acting careers with the demands of marriage and motherhood. In the episode opener, the twins try to manage their busy lives and to find time to plan Tamera’s wedding. The only problem is that Tia is pregnant so she can’t be Tamera’s maid of honour. With the tone of the show being upbeat and funny, the “drama” includes the occasional arguments between them. Of the two, Tamera seems more emotional as she finds her looming wedding a little too overwhelming.
The twins are still as cute and one thing which stood out is that there is no foul language or outrageous behaviour which are prevalent in other celeb TV reality shows, especially on Keeping Up With The Kardashians.
A big plus point is to be able to witness important moments in their lives.
I’ve never watched a reality show and laughed as hard as I did. It sure feels like watching Sister, Sister 17 years later. Here’s looking forward to the remaining episodes.
Oh, and we hear Season 2 of Tia & Tamera has been confirmed. Move over, Kardashians...