- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Mystery deepens as oil, debris links ruled out
- MISSING MH370: Investigators chasing 'every angle'
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Search for vanished Malaysia jet widens as frustrations grow
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- MISSING MH370: Local media gather at Tok Bali maritime base
- Kids begged father not to go
- MISSING MH370 : Businessman who cancels flight shocked over missing MAS plane
- MISSING MH370: Blame game not helping: Tun M
- MISSING MH370: Baggage of 5 who did not fly 'clean': DCA
- MISSING MH370: Hijacking not ruled out
- MISSING MH370: Pix Gallery Day 3 More
ROCK icon Metallica will perform here for the first time on Aug 21 at Stadium Merdeka in Kuala Lumpur.
“This is going be an awesome concert experience.” says Alan Chan, managing director of Galaxy Group.
Formed in 1981 by drummer Lars Ulrich and guitarist and vocalist James Hetfield, Metallica is one of the most influential and commercially successful rock bands in history, having sold 110 million albums worldwide.
It scored several multi-platinum albums, including 1991’s Metallica (commonly referred to as The Black Album, which is the best selling album in the history of Soundscan, scanning 16 million albums in the United States alone.
The latest album, Death Magnetic, was certified platinum just six weeks after it debuted atop the Billboard Top 200 Album chart in October 2008. Death Magnetic charted at No 1.
Metallica has also garnered numerous awards and accolades, including nine Grammy Awards, two American Music Awards and multiple MTV Video Music Awards. It was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in 2009.
The band recently celebrated its 30th anniversary with a week’s worth of fan club concerts at the Fillmore Theater in San Francisco, California. Last year, it announced the launch of Orion Music + More, an annual two-day festival it curated and headlined.
Recently, Metallica unveiled a brand new stage in Mexico City that featured iconic elements that spanned its 30-year career. It played eight shows to nearly 180,000 fans at the Sports Arena in Mexico City. Its upcoming Nimrod Antal-directed 3D feature film, Through The Never, will be released this year.
When it comes to touring, there are few, if any, bands that deliver live the way Metallica does. Its shows, which began in clubs and garages in the early 1980s, are now selling out in arenas and stadiums throughout the world, and continue to be among the most intense, powerful and visually stimulating concert experiences.
Tickets from RM195 to RM680 are available at all Galaxy ticketing counters at Mid Valley Megamall, Sg Wang (KL) and Ticket Charge’s website www.ticketcharge.com.my.
For details, contact Galaxy Group at 03-2282 2020 or visit www.galaxy.com.my.