- Low aims for bold anti-graft measures
- 'We are ready to move forward'
- Nokia's affordable handphones
- Govt agency head held over 'khalwat'
- GST implementation to add up to RM27b to Malaysia's income
- Clean water supply in Selangor, KL steadily decreasing: Syabas
- Small fire sends smoke into 787 cabin in Boston
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- ‘Opposition chaos agenda’ claim
- Saiful, Nik Suryani to tie the knot
- Cool, cool hills
- Cop, restaurant worker slashed
- Japan's elderly not acting their age
- Ferguson praises 'amazing' Beckham's longevity
- Chef detained in connection with wife's murder More
Pack delicious food for your children to bring to school to ensure they get proper nutrition.
Syida Lizta Amirul Ihsan gets five recipes from Sodexo Malaysia and Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur
Cherry Tomato & Chicken Wrap
1 cup cherry tomato, cut into small pieces
1 cup boiled corn kernels
150g chicken breast (thinly sliced)
2 stalks spring onion, diced
½ capsicum (pepper), diced into small pieces
2 tbsp chilli sauce
4 leaves lettuce
½ cup grated cheese
½ tbsp oil
Salt to taste
Pinch of black pepper
4 tortilla wraps
1. Saute chicken in ½ tbsp of oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. In a bowl, add cherry tomato, corn kernels, spring onion, capsicum, chicken, chilli sauce and cheese.
3. Lightly toast the tortilla wraps. Arrange the lettuce leaves and add the tomato.
4. Roll up tightly and wrap with aluminium foil.
Nutritional info per serving: Energy 188 kcal, carbohydrates 25.8g, protein 19.9g, fat 6.1g
2 burger buns
1 sq soft tofu (mashed well)
1 tsp corn flour
2 tbsp spring onion
½ tsp chilli powder
Salt to taste
2 slices cheddar cheese
3 tsp butter
Cucumber and tomato slices
1. Combine the mashed tofu with spring onion and corn flour. Season with chilli powder, salt and pepper.
2. Slice the bun in half and spread the tofu mixture on both sides.
3. On a skillet add butter and pan fry the buns.
4. Assemble the buns with slices of cheese, cucumber and tomato in between.
Nutritional info per serving: Energy 219 kcal, carbohydrates 31.4g, protein 9.7g, fat 12.6g
Baked Fish Croissant
¼ cup canola or corn oil
1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp paprika
¼ tsp salt
½ cup flour
2 large eggs, beaten
2 white fish fillets cut into fish-stick-size strips
½ cup cucumber
½ cup tomato
2 tbsp tartar sauce
1. Heat oven to 232°C. Spread oil on a large rimmed baking sheet.
2. Combine crumbs, grated cheese, and seasonings in a shallow dish until blended. Put flour into another shallow dish and beaten eggs in a third shallow bowl.
3. Coat each piece of fish with flour and dip in beaten egg. Then coat even with crumb mixture.
4. Place each coated piece of fish onto the oiled sheet, and then turn pieces over so both sides are oiled.
5. Bake until golden brown, about 10 to 14 minutes and put aside.
6. Slice the croissant into half.
7. Place the baked fish into the croissant.
8. Arrange cucumber and tomato slices and spread the tartar sauce.
Nutritional info per serving: Energy 239 kcal, carbohydrates 32.4g, protein 11.4g, fat 5.5g
BBQ Chicken Baguette
2 pieces baguette, about 6-inch in length
2 medium tomatoes, sliced
2 tbsp BBQ sauce
Pepper to taste
4 chicken fillets (boiled)
Half an avocado
Thinly sliced onion rings
4 tsp butter
1. Combine chicken with BBQ sauce.
2. Slice the baguette and open it length-wise.
3. Spread the butter on both sides of the baguette.
4. Arrange the chicken on top with sliced avocado and onion rings.
5. Replace top of baguette and serve.
Nutritional info per serving: Energy 239 kcal, carbohydrates 43.5g, protein 7.35g, fat 5.4g
Stir-fried Tri-Colour Pasta
100g tri-colour pasta
½ cup roasted peanuts (optional)
2 tbsp fried anchovies
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 medium sized onion (finely chopped)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
2 tbsp oil
½ cup carrots (julienned)
½ cup of French beans (julienned)
1. Boil the pasta till al dente, drain and set aside.
2. Heat oil in the pan, saute the onions and garlic until fragrant.
3. Add the julienned vegetables, tomato puree, soya sauce and oyster sauce.
4. Add the boiled pasta, make a well in the centre and pour in the beaten eggs. Stir fry for 5 minutes till well coated.
5. Remove from heat and add the fried peanuts and anchovies and toss well.
Nutritional info per serving: Energy 302 kcal, carbohydrates 14.3g, protein 36.2g, fat 16.2g