- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll reaches 121, 181 still missing
- Boy tied to a chair murder case in Malacca solved
- Meeting Joyah Vegas
- Japanese oil tanker robbed, 3 kidnapped
- MH370 probe team may be forced to ‘start again’
- MH370 Tragedy: 5 military aircraft continue air search despite poor weather
- S.Korea Ferry Incident: Divers feel with hands for corpses in cold depths
- MH370 Tragedy: Search reveals military vulnerability for China
- OCBC Malaysia's CEO resigns
- S.Korea Ferry Incident: Cries of anguish as death toll reaches 130
- UK tourist recounts 'hellish' time in Sri Lanka over Buddha tattoo
- "Don't cry mom," Huguan tells his mother
- MB retracts statement, confuse Syabas
- MH192: Bangalore bound flight made an air turn-back
- MH370 Tragedy: Deeper search for Malaysian jet soon More
Test your knowledge of history and win prizes that include lots of coffee, writes Loong Wai Ting
FOR some people, the best way to unwind after a hard day is to sip freshly brewed coffee. Imagine the aroma of coffee filling the room as you settle down in your favourite couch.
And, if you’re a history buff, it may get a little more interesting for you.
Until March 31, History (Astro, Channel 555) and San Francisco Coffee have embarked on a five-week history challenge in the Ultimate History Quiz (UHQ) experience with the Ultimate History Quiz Asia — San Francisco Coffee League (SF League). The league can be played either online or users can download the game application on their iOS or Android platform for free.
Each week, participants with the highest scores will win attractive prizes worth RM1,000, including three months supply of coffee from San Francisco Coffee and a lifestyle pack from History comprising an iPod Shuffle, a X-mini speaker and a travel adapter set.
Five celebrity teams will also challenge each other in the MixFM’s Breakfast Show Battle Of The Sexes segment (for a month). It will be hosted by JD and Dilly (representing the male and female team respectively) and will feature questions from UHQ. As punishment, the captain of the losing team will serve coffee at one of the San Francisco Coffee outlets.
At the end of the SF League, five top players with the highest (accumulated) scores will form their own teams of three to battle again at its grand finale.
Prizes include iPad minis, a year’s supply of coffee and more. Also playing are five celebrity teams which will include JD, Dilly and Ezra. The winning team will receive RM5,000 to be given to a charity organisation of its choice.
Players will be challenged with questions on general knowledge, trivia, history and entertainment facts. They can also choose from single player, multi-players or even start a league of their own and challenge their friends. Each game consists of 10 questions and users have 20 seconds to answer each question. The faster one answers the questions, more points awarded.
“We hope that our audience will have a fun time learning history. The UHQ was a huge success in the US and I’m sure it will be equally popular here as well,” said Hazel Yap, director of marketing and communications of AETN All Asia Networks. Details at quiz.historyasia.com.