- S. Korea Ferry incident: Body of boy who raised alarm believed found
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Parents of victims attack top official
- DAP's Nga chided over Tunship call
- White House national security aide Susan Rice to meet Anwar
- S'gor police bust biggest money laundering syndicate
- klia2 receives ICAO nod, first landing
- MH370 Tragedy: Opposition leader warned from speculating on missing plane
- Obama lookalike takes it in stride
- Firefly flight forced to turn back shortly after take off
- Obama's visit a recognition for Malaysia, says Jamaluddin Jarjis
- Dog attack victim doesn't want family to know ordeal
- It's Obama's right to see Anwar or not: Dr M
- Obama to launch MaGIC in Cyberjaya on Sunday
- MH370 Tragedy: Malaysia to release preliminary report next week: PM
- MH370 Tragedy: MAS has settled about 96 per cent claims from Chinese families More
A shoe brand is taking steps into the field of fragrances, writes Tengku Sofiah Aishah
COMMONLY known for its fashion footwear, Nine West recently introduced its first fragrance, Love Fury, illustrating the parallel synergy of footwear and fragrance as powerful weapons of attraction.
Being a shoe-holic myself, I have always loved its stylish stilettos but I am having doubts about its new venture.
The fragrance is a seductive elixir of fresh fruit, lush florals, warm woods and addictive amber. Inspired by the idea of a “killer” heel breaking through the glass, the bottle’s top design is an ultra-glamorous black stiletto.
While the bottle is love at first sight, the same cannot be said about the scent. I felt a little heady from the first spray.
The fragrance is a little too strong though the sandalwood evens it out pretty fairly. The fruity notes reminds me of a cherry-flavoured sherbet.
Not as aggressive as the name implies, it is fresh and flirty. I think it is decent enough for everyday wear.
It does however have character — slightly tangy and spicy, which gives it an added edge.
It is best to try it on your skin as the smell may turn out differently from the fragrance strip.
More suitable for mature women, some may find it a bit masculine due to its strong notes. On the other hand, no reapplication is necessary as the fragrance stays quite a while on you.
Make your entrance with killer shoes and let your presence linger with Love Fury.
Available in 30ml, 50ml and 100ml, Between RM100 and RM200.