CYCLING, with its own Cuti-Cuti 1Malaysia holiday packages, has officially gone beyond the scope of a healthy hobby.
All in, there are 33 cycling packages jointly developed by Tourism Malaysia’s State offices and 21 tour companies from across the country.
Covering interesting destinations like Penang, Mount Kinabalu in Sabah, Ipoh, Perak and rustic Raub in Pahang, the packages are not limited to just nature and adventure. The packages include:
• 2D/1N Raub Cycling Package: Includes lodging at Homestay Sungai Pasu in Raub, meals and cycling trip to a durian orchard and Berembun Waterfall. Price: RM350 per person (minimum 50 persons)
• 2D/1N Bicycle Tour Experience of George Town World Heritage Site: Includes hotel stay, airport transfers, meals and cycling activity around George Town, covering the city’s heritage, arts, traditional trades and food. Price: RM199 per person (minimum 4 persons).
• 2D/1N Perak Heritage Cycling Tour: Includes a stay in a two-star hotel, transfers, meals and cycling trip along Ipoh’s Heritage Trail. Price: RM290 per person (minimum 10).
• Half-day Putrajaya Photography Package: This package covers three zones — Recreation, Educational and Restoration — of Paya Indah Wetlands, Putrajaya. It ends with a photo stop to capture the sunset. Price: RM120 per person (minimum 4).
• 5D/4N Kinabalu Mountain Biking: Includes hotel stay in a three-star hotel, land transfers, meals and cycling activity in Gunung Kinabalu National Park. Price: RM1,499 per person (minimum 4).