JOHOR BARU: Police are looking for two men to assist in investigations over the kidnapping of a 27-year-old businessman in Kluang on Dec 27.
State police chief Datuk Mokhtar Shariff said the kidnap victim was now safe and sound, but police needed to record statements from two men to shed light on the case.
"Both men -- S.S. Jivan Kumar, 24, and A. Raja, 28, who is known as Renggam Boy, are required to come forward," he said during a press conference at the state police headquarters here yesterday.
Mokhtar did not elaborate on the case.
The Kluang police had received a report about a businessman who was kidnapped by three men in front of a shopping complex in Jalan Duku, Kluang at 8am on Dec 27.
In a follow-up operation, police detained a 28-year-old suspect and recovered an undisclosed amount of money, which is believed to have been the ransom.
The suspect has a previous record and had been detained for two years in Simpang Renggam for a case under the Public Order and Prevention of Crime Ordinance.
He is now being remanded until Jan 11 to help with investigations.
In another case, Mokhtar said the state narcotics police seized RM175,000 worth of ketamine and Eramin 5 pills and arrested a 43-year-old driver of car near the Kempas toll plaza, near here on Dec 26.
The suspect tested positive for drugs and has been remanded until Jan 2.