Hot Topics: Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

No price limit on smart phones with RM200 rebate

0 comments

KUALA LUMPUR -- The Cabinet has agreed not to set a price limit on the smart phones which can be purchased by youths between 21 and 30 earning less than RM3,000 with the RM200 government rebate.

In a statement here today, the Malaysian Communication and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) said the matter was announced by Information Communication and Culture Minister Datuk Seri Dr Rais Yatim after chairing the ministry's post cabinet meeting today.   

The rebate is being implemented under the Youth Communication Package following Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak's announcement in the Budget 2013, September last year.

The statement said MCMC was the coordinator of the scheme, which was on a 'first come first serve' basis, with Celcom, Clixster, DiGi, Maxis, Tune Talk, U Mobile and YTL Communications appointed to implement it.    

MCMC also said all parties involved in the scheme were subjected to fair price terms.  

In an earlier statement, MCMC announced that almost 5,500 eligible youths had registered to obtain the rebate on the first day of the scheme yesterday.    

The online registration at komunikasibelia.skmm.gov.my is open between 7 am and 11 pm.

Further information may be obtained from the MCMC hotline 1800-88-4040, 8.30 am to 5.30 pm, Monday - Friday, except for public holidays.  -- BERNAMA
 


Related Articles

Leave Your Comment


Leave Your Comment:

New Straits Times reserves the right not to publish offensive or abusive comments and those of hate speech, harassment, commercial promos and invasion of privacy. Your IP will be logged and may be used to prevent further submission.The views expressed here are that of the members of the public and unless specifically stated are not those of NST.