1 dead, 12 injured in Bukit Bintang bomb blast

9 October 2014 @ 11:56 AM

KUALA LUMPUR: One of the Bukit Bintang bomb victims, believed to be a jockey, has died.

City police Criminal Investigation Department deputy chief Assistant Commisioner Khairy Ahrasa confirmed with the New Straits Times that the victim had died from serious injuries.

The dead jockey was identified as a 36-year-old Sarawakian.

12 others, including two women were injured after a bomb exploded in front of an entertainment outlet in Bukit Bintang, here, earlier this morning.

The 4am incident happened when one of two bombs, believed to have been thrown from the second floor of the Sun Complex, exploded at Jalan Bintang off Jalan Bukit Bintang there.

A bomb disposal robot (front) is deployed after a grenade exploded in front of the Sun Complex in Jalan Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur on October 9, 2014. Fourteen people were wounded early on October 9 when a suspected hand grenade exploded in a tourist section of Malaysia's capital Kuala Lumpur, police said.
Forensic teams arrive at the scene to investigate after a grenade exploded in front of the Sun Complex in Jalan Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur on October 9, 2014. Fourteen people were wounded early on October 9 when a suspected hand grenade exploded in a tourist section of Malaysia's capital Kuala Lumpur, police said.