- S. Korea Ferry incident: Body of boy who raised alarm believed found
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Parents of victims attack top official
- DAP's Nga chided over Tunship call
- White House national security aide Susan Rice to meet Anwar
- S'gor police bust biggest money laundering syndicate
- klia2 receives ICAO nod, first landing
- MH370 Tragedy: Opposition leader warned from speculating on missing plane
- Obama lookalike takes it in stride
- Firefly flight forced to turn back shortly after take off
- Obama's visit a recognition for Malaysia, says Jamaluddin Jarjis
- Dog attack victim doesn't want family to know ordeal
- It's Obama's right to see Anwar or not: Dr M
- Obama to launch MaGIC in Cyberjaya on Sunday
- MH370 Tragedy: Malaysia to release preliminary report next week: PM
- MH370 Tragedy: MAS has settled about 96 per cent claims from Chinese families More
HAZE UPDATE: Air quality in Muar, Malacca remains hazardous
KUALA LUMPUR: The air quality in Muar, the district which has been declared as emergency zone due to haze, is still at hazardous level despite the fact that its Air Pollutant Index (API) reading had declined to 507 this evening from 690 earlier.
The air quality in Bukit Rambai and Bandaraya Melaka also remained at hazardous levels, with the API in Bukit Rambai increased to 443 from 428, while the API in Bandaraya Melaka declined to 373 from 415, according to the Department of
Environment (DOE) website here today.
Two new locations that recorded very unhealthy air quality today were Port Klang in Selangor and Port Dickson in Negeri Sembilan, with API readings of 214 and 276 respectively.
In Kuala Lumpur, the areas of Batu Muda and Cheras recorded an unhealthy air quality this evening with the API readings increased to over 130 from only 110 previously.
Other areas with unhealthy API readings this evening are:
Selangor: Petaling Jaya with API reading of 151, Banting (133), Shah Alam (130) and Kuala Selangor (112).
Negeri Sembilan: Nilai (137) and Seremban (103).
Pahang: Indera Mahkota (138) and Balok Baru, Kuantan (183).
Terengganu: Paka (115) and Kemaman (174).
Based on the air quality index, reading of between 0-50 is categorised as good, 51 to 100 (moderate), 101-200 (unhealthy), 201 to 300 (very unhealthy), and 300 and above hazardous. -- BERNAMA