- MISSING MH370: Timeline of flight MH370
- MISSING MH370: Loud noise reported, believed linked to missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Search for missing jet covers mountainous, forest areas
- MISSING MH370: Aviation expert suggest 6 reasons for disappearance
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Military says missing jet changed course
- MISSING MH370: Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- MISSING MH370: MAS 'shocked' by report on co-pilot
- MISSING MH370: Unlikely to be terrorist event: Interpol head
- MISSING MH370: 600,000 scan satellites images for clues
- MISSING MH370: Family members of passengers coping well with situation
- MISSING MH370: Chinese film stunt man on missing flight More
ASTRO customers have more reasons to cheer with 11 new channels and five new packages.
Its chief commercial officer Liew Swee Lin says: “Customers can choose from over 20 packages to best suit their viewing needs. We offer a breadth of content packages spanning multiple genres which we believe appeal to all customer segments in urban and rural areas.”
She says customers can now enjoy their favourite programmes in HD via Astro’s new Family HD pack with 40 SD channels and 11 high definition channels at RM49.95.
Besides the basic package, the station has also introduced Value Packs namely Nilai, Naama and Wah in HD at RM75 each for those who want the best of vernacular channels in HD.
“Value Pack customers can also add on other genres like Sports and Movies for an additional RM25 each or Mini packs at RM12 each.”
The Family HD pack offers access to 11 HD channels namely Astro Quan Jia, Astro Maya, KBS World, One, Disney XD, beTV, AXN, FX, Food Network Asia, Li and Kix. There are 51 channels within this pack.
The Astro Chuen Min Pack offers more Chinese channels in the Family Pack for RM37.95.
Astro chief operating officer Henry Tan says: “We offer compelling content that is relevant to the lifestyle needs of all customers. We keep innovating our content to engage our viewers not only through television but also a 360-degree experience, on air, on ground and online. The 11 new channels provide wider choices for viewers, and there will be more to come.”
The 11 new channels are Astro Maya HD, Astro Hua Hee Dai HD, Astro On Demand HD, Astro Quan Jia HD, Raj TV, Kalaignar TV, Jaya TV, Vijay TV, Astro Supersports 3 HD, Astro Supersports 4 HD and Lifetime SD (a female focused network).
“This brings the total number of channels to 170 and 37 are in HD,” says Tan who adds that customers on the subscription-free NJOI service will be able to watch three additional channels — ntv7, 8TV and TV AlHijrah — with immediate effect, bringing the number of channels on NJOI to 22.
“NJOI has gained significant traction and achieved customer net additions of 264,000 as of April 30. Customers will have more options to buy selected content on an a la carte basis through prepaid cards.”
Astro Maya (Ch 135) has signature Malay content from Astro Ria, Astro Prima and Astro Oasis in HD and this includes the new season of Akademi Fantasia, Primadona, Meletop, Salam Muslim, Misiku Kuza and Bila Hati Perempuan Menjerit. Tan Sri P Ramlee movies will be screened here, too.
Astro Hua Hee Dai (Ch 332) offers 24 hours of Hokkien entertainment in HD, featuring local and international programmes as Hua Hee Karaoke, Hua Hee Hokkien Class and Hua Hee Makan.
Astro On Demand (Ch 350) shows the latest Hong Kong Television Broadcasts (HKTVB) dramas such as A Change Of Heart, Awfully Lawful and Triumph In The Sky 2.
Under Astro Select are five HD channels for Astro B.yond IPTV Maxis customers launch in April namely Comedy Central, WeTV, HBO Hits, HBO Signature and HBO Family.
There is also HBO On Demand for instant access to all HBO series, movies and events, One HD with the latest series from South Korea, up to 380 titles of Disney movies and the latest titles from Animax Japan.
Liew and Tan launched the new channels at the opening of Astro’s new Lifestyle Centre at Mid Valley Megamall, Kuala Lumpur, recently. The centre is a one-stop shop that showcases the best of Astro services for customers.
Customers can also enquire about products and services as well as make subscription payments. Details at www.astro.com.my/shop.