- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- Four injured in RapidKL bus crash in Jalan Pudu
- United States thanks Malaysia for saving their soldiers in Somalia
- Lynas engineer drowns in pond at plant
- 50 including 47 foreigners nabbed in Internet love scam in Kepong
- My kampung Taman Tun Dr Ismail
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Downpour causes flash floods, traffic congestions in Klang Valley
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Annuar Musa quits all football posts with immediate effect
- Shaken not stirred: Did 007 have alcoholic tremor?
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- Bound and gagged woman, 76, found dead at home
- Milan orders removal of naughty Christmas tree
- Abducted baby rescued within 24 hours More
KUALA LUMPUR: A 63-year-old part-time professor of anthropology at Open University Malaysia collapsed and died while delivering a lecture at its campus in Jalan Tun Ismail yesterday.
Professor Dr Mohamed Yusoff Ismail was halfway through the anthropology class when he collapsed.
Dang Wangi police chief Assistant Commissioner Zainuddin Ahmad said Yusoff was rushed to Kuala Lumpur Hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival at 10.30am.
He said the deceased's family, however, did not agree to a post-mortem examination, as they strongly suspected the 63-year-old had died from complications arising from diabetes.
A police report was lodged by Yusoff's son, Ahmad Mazlan, at the Dang Wangi police headquarters.