- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela
- 2 coaches leave Manchester United
- Opposition agreed to hold peaceful gatherings but did opposite - Zahid
- Paul Low resigns as Transparency International Malaysia president
- Soccer: I got carried away with QPR, says ’naive’ Fernandes
- Police capable of handling gathering in PJ - Ahmad Zahid
- Police will appeal rejection of remand on trio, says Ahmad Zahid
- Giant Lego Star Wars X-Wing lands on NY's Times Square
- Malaysian couple joins Aussie's billionaire club
- BANTING MURDERS: Judge praises police investigators
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US
- Potential water crisis in Selangor, KL, Putrajaya from July 2014
- AirAsia may order 50 more Airbus jets - CEO
- UK treating plane incident as criminal, not terror-related More
CONFLICT-RIDDLED PKR is keen to hold back its party elections, supposedly to let it recover from the fierce electoral battle fought with political opponents in the just concluded national polls.
THE demise of the Roman Empire resulted from a combination of strategic overreach and excessive delegation of security responsibilities to newcomers. Without making undue comparisons, the question for the United States today is whether it can remain the world's leading power while delegating to others or to technological tools the task of protecting its global influence.
BOTH Malaysia and the Philippines have just gone through national elections with the status quo obtaining, more or less, in both instances.
THE remerging of the Ministry of Education (MoE) and Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) is based on the principal rationale and faith that the one ministry will align the philosophies, programmes and projects of the education sector to achieve vision 2020. A strong education sector with a great knowledge and learning society will create the momentum of development beyond 2020 to meet all kinds of local and global challenges.
WHEN I told friends that I've scaled Mount Kinabalu twice, many exclaimed that I must be fit and enjoy the outdoors very much.
IT is time to put politics aside and focus on something more important -- our children. Adults have had their "fun" in the political arena for the past few months. The 13th General Election (GE13) is over. Accept the results and move on.
ABOUT two years ago, the folks at Google released a database of 5.2 million books published between 1500 and 2008. You can type a search word into the database and find out how frequently different words were used at different epochs.
NOBODY gave a quizzical look on the arrests of opposition and two pro-opposition characters for sedition. It was inevitable. It was a question of time and place.
LIVELIER: Some expect fireworks in new state assembly as opposition now has more seats
MISBEHAVING: Overcrowding on the road can bring out the worst in behaviour of our motorists
HOW TO RULE? A trip to Yemen, Syria and Turkey is illuminating, but also raises many questions
HORIZONTAL ACCOUNTABILITY: Vital to ensure checks and balances in our institutions for the smooth functioning of our democracy
OVER the past few days, Tunku Abdul Aziz Tunku Ibrahim has been training his guns on his former comrades in the opposition camp.
CHILD PROTECTION: Malaysians do not accept paedophilia but a lot of them do not seem to view child marriage as a serious crime
NO ENDORSEMENT: Despite its show of support for Taiwan, China has not endorsed the four demands Taiwan has made of the Philippines
POLITICS, hopefully, will take a back seat in the state level Kaamatan or Harvest Festival at the end of this month in Penampang.