- Saiful Bukhari marries TV3 personality Nik Suryani Megat Deraman
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- 20 ancient tombs unearthed near China's 3 Gorges reservoir
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- Uphold Constitution, says PM
- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- 'Gerakan should go back to its basics'
- Vintage Apple computer auctioned off for $668,000
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- Rosberg puts Mercedes on pole position for Monaco GP
- Malaysia targets 28 million foreign tourists next year - Nazri
- Fragments of biblical treasure are up for sale
- UK police question alleged soldier killer's friend
- Egypt court rules against religious slogans More
WHAT is it with Terengganu? It takes an average of seven hours to reach Kuala Terengganu by road, depending on which route you take and at what speed you drive.
NO LAUGHING MATTER: Some signs at places of interest will move you to tears
CALL FOR ACTION: We need to step up and do our part to make cervical cancer history
HERITAGE CITY: With more airlines and cruise ships coming to the state it is vital to improve its tourism infrastructure
GETTING THE JOB DONE: Nation can use services of veteran diplomatic practitioners schooled in unconventional diplomacy
MULTIRACIAL PARTY: The need to refresh the BN brand is seen to be more vital after the recent polls
SLUMP: The Western world has seemingly succumbed to a severe case of economic defeatism and is not trying to solve problems
FAILING TO SEE: It can run economically by ignoring things that are not needed, creating illusions before our eyes
SPOT-FIXING: This is not the cricket that Indians grew up playing and watching
IN my lifetime, I have been robbed twice -- in 1982 and just last month. I was lucky to have survived both episodes. Perhaps that was why I was neither traumatised nor did I begin to play the blame game.
WHILE there is obviously still a lot to be done in order to bring the country's governance standards in line with international best practice, the government's response to the many major issues of public concern of the day in social, economic and political terms deserves our support.
CREATE AWARENESS: Combating the menace has to be a people's movement
TUSSLE OVER EXCO POSTS: Leaders are jostling for the biggest slice of the state pie
ONE way President Barack Obama can begin to put the Internal Revenue Service scandal behind him is by proposing comprehensive tax reform. Beyond the usual Washington theatrics, the real problem is that the US tax code is unbelievably complicated, clocking in around 74,000 pages, with all rulings, regulations and other material.
CONFLICT-RIDDLED PKR is keen to hold back its party elections, supposedly to let it recover from the fierce electoral battle fought with political opponents in the just concluded national polls.
THE demise of the Roman Empire resulted from a combination of strategic overreach and excessive delegation of security responsibilities to newcomers. Without making undue comparisons, the question for the United States today is whether it can remain the world's leading power while delegating to others or to technological tools the task of protecting its global influence.