- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities hope to deploy more AUVs: Hishammuddin
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- MH370 Tragedy: Search to be most costly ever at US$100mil: analysts
- Iran nuclear deal proves elusive
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Some mourners are still in disbelief
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- UPDATE: 6 dead, 9 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Karpal Singh's Death: Liong Sik describes Karpal as a cheeky student
- Everest Avalanche updates: 12 killed, 3 missing
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Don't be apologetic in defending national interests, media told
- NSTP wins big at MPI-Petronas Awards
- 7.5-quake rattles southern Mexico: USGS More
MODERN ACCOMMODATION: Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral hotel has 482 rooms and is the 11th property in the region
KUALA LUMPUR: GLOBAL luxury hotel group Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc recently opened the Aloft Kuala Lumpul Sentral hotel which is one of the hotels under its group.
Adjacent to the city's main transport hub, the 482-room hotel is the largest Aloft property in the world.
Owned by Aseana Properties Ltd and managed by Ireka Development Management Sdn Bhd, this new hotel reflects the country's growing demand for affordable accommodation.
Aloft has been shaking up the staid and traditional mid-market hotel sector and redefining the category by delivering modern and vibrant designs and a good experience at an attractive price.
As such, the brand continues to make an impression on its guests, gaining market share and building customer loyalty.
"We are excited to introduce the Aloft experience to a new generation of travellers in Kuala Lumpur," said Starwood Hotels & Resorts South East Asia's regional vice-president Chuck Abbott.
According to Starwood brand senior vice-president Brian McGuiness the Aloft concept is an optimal fit for Kuala Lumpur's new business district as it is stylish and tech-savvy.
"Since Aloft's 2008 launch, the opening of Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral marks the brand's 11th property in the region with over 60 hotels worldwide.
"The Aloft debut here underscores the strength of the Starwood network and the power of the Aloft global brand," said McGuiness.
The sixth hotel brand in Malaysia under the Starwood group, Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral joins other names such as Le Meridien, The Luxury Collection, Westin, Four Points and Sheraton.
Also present at the launch were Aseana Properties Ltd chairman, Datuk Mohammed Azlan Hashim and Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral general manager Paolo Campillo.
A lion dance was held in conjunction with the hotel's opening ceremony. To celebrate its opening, Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral is having special opening rates, starting at RM328+ per night for a Loft room.
For reservations, call 1-800-806-575 or visit www.alofthotels.com/ kualalumpursentral.