- MH370 Tragedy: 'Unidentified material' under investigation
- MH370 Tragedy: MAS has settled about 96 per cent claims from Chinese families
- Obama lookalike takes it in stride
- MH370 Tragedy: No hesitation from Petronas to find new assets for search
- S. Korea Ferry incident: Body of boy who raised alarm believed found
- MH370 Tragedy: New independent international investigative team established
- US actress Jodie Foster marries girlfriend
- Siberian husky crashes car into Mercedes in supermarket
- MH370 Tragedy: Malaysia, Australia vow to keep searching
- MISSING MH370: Co-pilot's brothers seen carry clothes and toiletries
- Proton eyes China production
- MH370 Tragedy: ROV to replace AUV?
- Nintendo forecasts net loss, slashes Wii U sales target
- BMW launches 420i coupe
- S.Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll hits 150 as search gets tougher More
MODERN ACCOMMODATION: Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral hotel has 482 rooms and is the 11th property in the region
KUALA LUMPUR: GLOBAL luxury hotel group Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc recently opened the Aloft Kuala Lumpul Sentral hotel which is one of the hotels under its group.
Adjacent to the city's main transport hub, the 482-room hotel is the largest Aloft property in the world.
Owned by Aseana Properties Ltd and managed by Ireka Development Management Sdn Bhd, this new hotel reflects the country's growing demand for affordable accommodation.
Aloft has been shaking up the staid and traditional mid-market hotel sector and redefining the category by delivering modern and vibrant designs and a good experience at an attractive price.
As such, the brand continues to make an impression on its guests, gaining market share and building customer loyalty.
"We are excited to introduce the Aloft experience to a new generation of travellers in Kuala Lumpur," said Starwood Hotels & Resorts South East Asia's regional vice-president Chuck Abbott.
According to Starwood brand senior vice-president Brian McGuiness the Aloft concept is an optimal fit for Kuala Lumpur's new business district as it is stylish and tech-savvy.
"Since Aloft's 2008 launch, the opening of Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral marks the brand's 11th property in the region with over 60 hotels worldwide.
"The Aloft debut here underscores the strength of the Starwood network and the power of the Aloft global brand," said McGuiness.
The sixth hotel brand in Malaysia under the Starwood group, Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral joins other names such as Le Meridien, The Luxury Collection, Westin, Four Points and Sheraton.
Also present at the launch were Aseana Properties Ltd chairman, Datuk Mohammed Azlan Hashim and Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral general manager Paolo Campillo.
A lion dance was held in conjunction with the hotel's opening ceremony. To celebrate its opening, Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral is having special opening rates, starting at RM328+ per night for a Loft room.
For reservations, call 1-800-806-575 or visit www.alofthotels.com/ kualalumpursentral.