- Karpal Singh's Death: Grandson dreamt about playing football with him
- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities roping in private companies assets to assist SAR
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- MH370 Tragedy: Bluefin-21 completes 6th mission, 7th mission commences
- 'Johor won't budge on Friendship Bridge'
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain says evacuation delayed for safety
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: 'We are forever indebted to him', says Dr Wan Azizah
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain, crew members arrested
- MH370 Tragedy: Drone diving to record level in plane search
- Authorities searching for missing Singaporean ferry passenger
- Karpal Singh's Death: Pix gallery
- Everest Avalanche updates: Death toll reaches 13
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll rose to 32, Captain in custody More
SUBANG JAYA: Residents of USJ 13 received 10 bicycles to help them patrol their neighbourhood under the housing estate's voluntary patrolling scheme.
The bicycles were handed over to the residents by Subang Jaya assemblyman Hannah Yeoh and Kelana Jaya member of parliament Loh Gwo Burne at the launch of the scheme.
"I hope that the Ministry of Home Affairs will increase the police presence in Subang Jaya. The 16 patrol cars are not enough, judging from the crime rate here," she added.
Loh also urged more police deployment in the area, considering the high density of people in Subang Jaya. He also pledged to provide walkie talkies soon to assist the patrolling team.
The scheme has attracted 21 residents so far. They will patrol the neighbourhood at designated times.
USJ 13 Rukun Tetangga president Khairul Izham Mokhtar said he hoped more residents will join the patrolling team.
"With more members, we can increase the frequency of the patrolling," he said.
He added that residents can also view the patrolling scheme as a fitness activity.
Besides the police, the scheme is supported by the Fire and Rescue Department.