- MH370 Tragedy: Bluefin-21 completes 6th mission, 7th mission commences
- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities roping in private companies assets to assist SAR
- MH370 Tragedy: Drone diving to record level in plane search
- Karpal Singh's Death: Grandson dreamt about playing football with him
- Everest Avalanche updates: Death toll reaches 13
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll rose to 32, Captain in custody
- 'Johor won't budge on Friendship Bridge'
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain says evacuation delayed for safety
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain, crew members arrested
- Karpal Singh's Death: 'We are forever indebted to him', says Dr Wan Azizah
- Karpal Singh's Death: Pix gallery
- DPM: PTDs should be catalysts of economic growth
- Sabah could be the next stopping point for luxury retailers More
KUALA LUMPUR: In line with its continuous efforts to nurture the development of golf and golfing talents in the country, Chemical Company of Malaysia Bhd (CCM) has again signed on as the title sponsor of the Professional Golf of Malaysia (PGM) CCM Rahman Putra Masters 2013 with an investment of RM200,000.
This year's sponsorship marks the third consecutive year that CCM has sponsored the tournament, with contributions worth RM600,000 since 2011.
Golf enthusiasts can look forward to a great golfing experience at the third leg of the PGM Tour which will be held at Kelab Rahman Putra Malaysia in Sungai Buloh, Selangor from Wednesday till Saturday.
Professional Golf of Malaysia (PGM) chairman, Tun Ahmad Sarji Abdul Hamid said CCM's continued investment in the Tour exemplifies the group's support and commitment in promoting golf through top-class tournaments which also generates greater public awareness and inspires local players to pursue the sport at a professional level.
"Some 33 tournaments have been lined up for this year's Tour, indicating that our local tournaments are fast gaining a bigger interest and popularity amongst professional golfers," said Ahmad Sarji at the recent presentation ceremony of CCM's sponsorship by its group managing director, Amirul Feisal Wan Zahir.
Amirul Feisal reaffirmed CCM's pledge to support the ADT series till 2015 and expressed confidence in the tournament continuing to grow in stature and excite local golfers to participate, challenge and excel against their peers from countries within and beyond Asia.
"The high standard set at the PGM Tour is a testament to the quality of the participating golfers and we are proud and honoured to be part of such a prominent tournament that showcases the cream of the crop in Asian professional golf," said Amirul.