- MH192: Bangalore bound flight made an air turn-back
- MH192 Update: Aircraft lands safely at KLIA
- MH370 Tragedy: NOK committee to set date for 'no survivors' announcement
- Karpal Singh's Death: The Tiger is finally put to rest
- Karpal Singh's Death: Nawawi apologises to Karpal's family
- GOOGLE: Malaysia’s Top 10 Trending Searches on Google
- Tour bus tragedy updates : UK tourist identified as victim
- MH370 Tragedy: Police have recorded statements from 260 people
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- MH192: Passengers express relief and gratitude to heroic pilot
- MISSING MH370: Debris found at Straits of Malacca
- MISSING MH370: MAS 'shocked' by report on co-pilot
- Tour bus falls into ravine, 1 died
- 'Unidentified plane is MH370'
- Nigeria gunmen raze teachers residence at girls school More
FAM LEAGUE: Fishermen’s club set sights on promotion to Premier League
KUALA LUMPUR: FROM a humble beginning, Cebagoo FC -- a club formed by fishermen off the coast of Sabah in 1991, are making their debut in the FAM League.
The Sepanggar-based club is the state's sole representative in the 11-team third-tier competition, which kicked off yesterday.
They will play their home matches at the Universiti Malaysia Sabah Stadium.
"Many clubs from Sabah have come and gone in the competition but we intend to stay as long as possible. We want to make Sabah proud," said Cebagoo president Mohd Joh Wid at the unveiling ceremony of the team's jersey in Kota Kinabalu recently.
"It is not going to be easy for a tiny club that originated from a fishing village, but we are prepared and focused on our mission."
On Cebagoo's target, Joh said his team are hoping to gain promotion to the Premier League.
"We are one of the new teams, meaning we are underdogs but we should not be underestimated.
"Everyone has been giving their best in training and I am confident we will do respectably well," he said.
Cebagoo, coached by former international Razali Zinin, will be banking on former Sabah captain and defender Md Reithuddin Ag Emran to lead them to success.
"Reithuddin brings a lot of experience and I believe he will help us achieve our target. He scored a hat-trick in a recent friendly in Tawau and we hope to see him performing the same way in the league."
The team's official kit -- Carino -- is sponsored by Ararat Sports and Souvenirs Sdn Bhd.
The jersey was specially designed for Cebagoo, which depicts a signature netting design symbolising the team's fishing village roots.
Cebagoo opened their league campaign against Malacca yesterday.
THE SQUAD: Abdul Thaufiq Abdul Haq, Adnan Arman, Nazree Yusop Al Tadzri Ahmad Razif, Budi Amri, Dediwan Soni Dominikus, Faez Akmal Jeffery, Faisal Aldin, Flintstonson Buiyinu, Gerd Smith Chin Chiu, Hafiz Aldin, Karim Damin, Nazrien Sani, Arif Awang, Azhar Sabih, Firdaus Shamsuddin, Nazmer Stuh, Nizam Jefferi, Shapawi Maiddin, Sifihi Yusof, Norsiwandy Jaffery, Nur Syahri Saili, Radiman Damit, Rainol Masaat, Romeyrio Gascoinge Tony, Shabri Amberen, Shairul Boidi, Sukree Jamlih, Vun Kit Ming, Zain Ambarog, Zainal Hassan, Zulfikri Jemai, Mohd Arfiyansah Abd. Jafar, Md Reithuddin Ag Emran.