- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tiger of Jelutong’s lust for political trailblazing
- Paloh assemblyman, son injured, wife killed in accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Pix gallery day 2
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tributes pour in
- MH370 Tragedy: Approach may be reviewed if no concrete evidence: Hishammuddin
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: He was St Xavier's Institution most illustrious son
- Plane may be intact on seafloor, says expert
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's residence filled with mourners
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll rises, hopes fade for hundreds missing
- Karpal Singh's Death: Coffee with less sugar, Karpal's favourite - Shop owner
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's body arrives in Penang residence More
KUALA LUMPUR: Concorde hotel held a party for its staff recently themed the Concorde Blockbuster Nite.
Employees appeared as early as 4.30pm dressed up in outfits from their favourite movie characters.
The stars included Little Red Riding Hood, Snow White, Puteri Gunung Ledang, Poison Ivy, Harry Potter and Hermione Granger, Hellboy, a host of pirates, as well as Mulan, who participated in several games and tucked into a buffet spread.
As the event was held in conjunction with the lunar new year celebration, the evening also had ang pow to be won from the tikam board, ang pow draws and lucky draws.
Each staff walked up to the board and took their time to choose their lucky ang pow.
Cash amounting to RM2, RM10, RM20, RM50, RM100, RM200 and RM300 were all up for grabs.
A section of the ballroom was designated for games where staff won more cash as they played games like 21 Dice, Shaolin Soccer, and Italian Job.
After the talented Megaboyz's opening gig onstage, Concorde general manager Gary Lee welcomed everyone and joined in the yee sang toss.
Other highlights included the Malaysian Idol singing competition, and performances.
The best deparmental performance went to the Saloma Theatre restaurant team.