- Karpal Singh killed in crash
- Tun M: Why keep the Causeway?
- Latest: More than 300 people missing after South Korea ferry sinks
- 54-year-old man first M'sian to die from MERS
- Russia rules artist who nailed scrotum to Red Square 'committed no crime'
- MH370 Tragedy: Mini-sub aborts again
- MH370 Tragedy: Anwar hits out at Singapore for supporting Malaysia
- MH370 Tragedy: US denies MH370 'cover-up'
- MH370 Tragedy: Mini-sub on second mission
- MH370 Tragedy: American Navy ship involved in SAR docks at Westport
- MH370 Tragedy: If filed, lawsuits by families might not get heard in US
- Nintendo forecasts net loss, slashes Wii U sales target
- MH370 Tragedy: More countries offering help in SAR, says Hishammuddin
- MH370 Tragedy: Najib raps Anwar for absurd claims
- Dr M: Muslims must portray Islam as simple religion More
Cop jailed for inserting finger in girl's private parts
GEORGE TOWN: A policeman was today sentenced to 100 months' jail by the Sessions Court here for inserting his finger into a six-year-old girl's private parts without her consent two years ago.
Corporal Aziri Sahid, 54, was found guilty at the end of a full trial before judge Zanol Rashid Hussain, who ruled that the defence had failed to raise reasonable doubt on the prosecution's case.
Aziri had been accused of committing the offence in front of house 5D-1-4, police barracks, phase one, Bandar Baru, in the evening between May 28, 2011 and June 12, 2011.
The offence, under Section 377CA of the Penal Code, carries a maximum 20 years' jail and also liable to whipping.
S. Yagoo appeared for Aziri while J.S. Khor held a watching brief for the girl and her family.
Deputy Public Prosecutor Nur Ashikin Mokhtar prosecuted.