- MH370 Tragedy: 'Unidentified material' under investigation
- MH370 Tragedy: MAS has settled about 96 per cent claims from Chinese families
- Obama lookalike takes it in stride
- S. Korea Ferry incident: Body of boy who raised alarm believed found
- MH370 Tragedy: No hesitation from Petronas to find new assets for search
- MH370 Tragedy: New independent international investigative team established
- US actress Jodie Foster marries girlfriend
- Firefly flight forced to turn back shortly after take off
- Siberian husky crashes car into Mercedes in supermarket
- MH370 Tragedy: Malaysia, Australia vow to keep searching
- MISSING MH370: Co-pilot's brothers seen carry clothes and toiletries
- Proton eyes China production
- Nintendo forecasts net loss, slashes Wii U sales target
- MH370 Tragedy: ROV to replace AUV?
- BMW launches 420i coupe More
NOBLE GESTURE: Orphans of Rumah Shalom were feted to a fun-filled day of activities
PETALING JAYA: AS part of its efforts to reach out to the community and spread festive joy during this auspicious time, eCurve hosted a fun-filled day of activities for orphans of Rumah Shalom.
The management and staff of eCurve were on hand to meet and greet the 15 children and their caretakers at the Centre Atrium, which was decorated to the theme of Swingin' CNY.
The kids were delighted to see eCurve's dazzling Chinese New Year decorations, including colourful facades of 1920s-era shopfronts, street lamps and traditional red lanterns, creating a warm and festive ambience.
To kick off the special day, the children were treated to a delicious meal at Tony Roma's, following which they were entertained by a variety of video games and rides at CP Arcade.
The kids then made their way to the cinema for a special screening of the Hollywood blockbuster, Here Comes the Boom.
eCurve centre manager Azizul Ahmad said, "During this festive season when many are ushering in the Lunar New Year, it is also important to remember the less fortunate.
"We were pleased to not only give a festive treat to the children of Rumah Shalom, but also to have the opportunity to spend time with them.
"We look forward to more opportunities such as this to bring joy to those in need."
As the day drew to a close, the children were elated to receive ang pow packets courtesy of eCurve as well as goodie bags filled with coloured markers, sketch books, chocolates and oranges.
Shoppers can experience the Chinese New Year festivities at eCurve until Feb 13. The highlight of the celebrations is eCurve's music and dance extravaganza, Swingin' CNY Dancevaganza.
Shoppers will be thrilled by the exhilarating moves of the dancers to the beat of the swinging jazz music, as well as the nostalgic 1920s costumes including vibrantly coloured cheongsams, glamorous evening gowns and elegant fur stoles, evoking the lively energy and spirit of Shanghai in the Roaring Twenties.
There are also spectacular acrobatic lion dance performances for shoppers to ring in the Lunar New Year.
Throughout the Chinese New Year campaign, shoppers who spend RM100 and above in a maximum of two receipts will be able to redeem a special ang pow packet and tea pot set. All redemptions are subject to terms and conditions.
For more information, call eCurve's Customer Care at 03-7725 0277.