- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tiger of Jelutong’s lust for political trailblazing
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Paloh assemblyman, son injured, wife killed in accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Pix gallery day 2
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tributes pour in
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- MH370 Tragedy: Approach may be reviewed if no concrete evidence: Hishammuddin
- Karpal Singh's Death: He was St Xavier's Institution most illustrious son
- Plane may be intact on seafloor, says expert
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll rises, hopes fade for hundreds missing
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's residence filled with mourners
- Karpal Singh's Death: Coffee with less sugar, Karpal's favourite - Shop owner
- Son told him not to go More
FLEXIBLE ARRANGEMENT: The rental period ranges between 14 days and 20 years
AFTER establishing itself in Korea and Singapore, Extra Space Self Storage (ESSS) is now in Malaysia.
The company offers 123 storage spaces for rent at Lot 271, Jalan Dua off Jalan Chan Sow Lin, here.
They range from 2.2sq metres (size of a mini fridge) to 19.5sq metres (size of a garage).
The clean, dry, private and well-lit storage spaces can be rented for between 14 days and 20 years.
The rental rate ranges between RM126 and RM1,050 per month.
Chief executive officer Michael Hagbeck said the company chose to expand its operations to Malaysia because it had similar demographic characteristics as Singapore.
"This is to cater to the growing need of people who want to declutter their space, to make more room for their hobbies and lifestyle or just to store items until a later time.
"It is also for those who need a safe and secure place to store their belongings in-between moves or during house renovation," he said.
Hagbeck said companies mostly rented the space to store their stocks, advertising materials, props used in events as well as old files.
He said customers had 24-hour unlimited access to their property.
"Customers can visit their valuables any time, which is more than they can do with their bank safe deposit boxes."
With regards to security, Hagbeck said the firm used an electronic personal access code system.
"Customers have their own IDs that they key in to get into the storage area. Only customers can access their space with their own padlock."
Currently, Hagbeck said, 80 per cent of ESSS's customers used their self storage space to store personal items. The remaining 20 per cent stored business items.
"We are in the midst of building a quality wine storage facility which can hold up to 1,200 cases of wine. Wine should be kept at a constant temperature of 13o C with a 65 to 70 per cent humidity level.
"Also, we are planning to have about 1,500 self storage space in two years' time, and have branches in Penang and Johor Baru."
ESSS is offering a RM1 move-in promotion until June.
"Customers only need to pay RM1 to rent their space for the first month, and another 30 per cent introductory discount for monthly rental after that.
"All they need to do is to fill up an e-form on the website, and we will respond with a quote."