- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll reaches 121, 181 still missing
- MH370 Tragedy: Deeper search for Malaysian jet soon
- MH370 Tragedy: 'Unidentified material' under investigation
- Boy tied to a chair murder case in Malacca solved
- S.Korea Ferry Incident: Divers feel with hands for corpses in cold depths
- Meeting Joyah Vegas
- MH370 probe team may be forced to ‘start again’
- Japanese oil tanker robbed, 3 kidnapped
- OCBC Malaysia's CEO resigns
- S.Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll hits 150 as search gets tougher
- Two viciously attacked by dogs in Seremban
- MH370 Tragedy: 5 military aircraft continue air search despite poor weather
- "Don't cry mom," Huguan tells his mother
- MH370 Tragedy: Search reveals military vulnerability for China
- MH192: Bangalore bound flight made an air turn-back More
Arriving early at the queue paid off for gamers as they received various gifts from Gamer’s Hideout
FOR the sake of getting their hands on copies of "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3" video game during its midnight launch recently, 200 hardcore gamers camped overnight at Gamer's Hideout branch in 1 Utama Shopping Centre as early as they could to beat the crowd.
Fifteen lucky gamers, who arrived early to purchase a copy of the video game, were in for a surprise as they went home not only with electronic gifts and exclusive privileges from Gamer's Hideout but also limited edition Modern Warfare 3 merchandises.
Abdul Hanan Ahmad Nordin, 19, who sacrificed his sleep and arrived first in line at 8am, won himself a 32-inch LCD television as a surprise gift, RM50 cash voucher and a three-month Xbox Live Gold Card from Gamer's Hideout.
Second in line was Xbox gamer, 26-year-old Colin Chong Jin Vern who joined Abdul Hanan at the queue at 9am. He brought home a Turtle Beach Modern Warfare 3 Foxtrot headset, a limited edition Modern Warfare 3 thumb drive and also a Xbox three-month Live Gold card.
The third and fourth gamers at the line bagged themselves an AX180 headset, a limited edition Modern Warfare 3 thumb drives as well as a Xbox three-month Live Gold card each.
Limited edition Modern Warfare 3 thumb drives were also given out to five early birds on that day.
It was reported that over in North America and United Kingdom, more than 6.5 million people bought copies of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 video game in the first 24-hours of its release.