- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- MISSING MH370: Fake passport bearers bought tickets together
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- Kids begged father not to go
- MISSING MH370: PM: Govt will review all protocols, upgrade KLIA's security
- MISSING MH370 : Businessman who cancels flight shocked over missing MAS plane
- MISSING MH370: Chinese passengers family members arrive at KLIA
- MISSING MH370: Debris near Tho Chu island not from MH370
- MISSING MH370: Hijacking not ruled out
- MISSING MH370: Search in coastal areas
- MISSING MH370: US dispatch two ships, aircraft to assist SAR operation
- MISSING MH370: Family of Texas man comforted by faith
- Chong Wei is king again More
Kg Kerinchi flat owners to go home in two years
SHORT AND SWEET:Developer promises to deliver on time
THE redevelopment of the four-storey flats in Kampung Kerinchi will be completed in two years.
Federal Territories and Urban Wellbeing Minister Datuk Raja Nong Chik Raja Zainal Abidin said the developer Suez Domain Sdn Bhd would begin piling work next month.
"The developer has given its word that the project will begin next month and is on schedule.
"It also will build a show house, so that the 467 flat owners can see how their new homes will look upon completion," he said.
In the meantime, the flat owners would be housed at People Housing Project (PPR) units in Kerinchi, Cempaka and Muhibbah.
Raja Nong Chik said the redevelopment project, which was a joint venture between the ministry, developer and the residents, was a pioneer project.
"The residents chose the project developer through open vote, with the ministry acting as moderator.
"We will apply the same process for redevelopment projects in the future," he said at the residents' Hari Raya open house.
Upon completion of the redevelopment project, each flat owner will receive a 85sq m unit with three bedrooms, two toilets, a balcony and a drying yard.