- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities hope to deploy more AUVs: Hishammuddin
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- MH370 Tragedy: Search to be most costly ever at US$100mil: analysts
- Karpal Singh's Death: Some mourners are still in disbelief
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Karpal Singh's Death: Liong Sik describes Karpal as a cheeky student
- Everest Avalanche updates: 12 killed, 3 missing
- Don't be apologetic in defending national interests, media told
- UPDATE: 6 dead, 9 missing in avalanche on Everest
- NSTP wins big at MPI-Petronas Awards
- Public urged to take precautionary measures against MERS
- 7.5-quake rattles southern Mexico: USGS More
Kg Kerinchi flat owners to go home in two years
SHORT AND SWEET:Developer promises to deliver on time
THE redevelopment of the four-storey flats in Kampung Kerinchi will be completed in two years.
Federal Territories and Urban Wellbeing Minister Datuk Raja Nong Chik Raja Zainal Abidin said the developer Suez Domain Sdn Bhd would begin piling work next month.
"The developer has given its word that the project will begin next month and is on schedule.
"It also will build a show house, so that the 467 flat owners can see how their new homes will look upon completion," he said.
In the meantime, the flat owners would be housed at People Housing Project (PPR) units in Kerinchi, Cempaka and Muhibbah.
Raja Nong Chik said the redevelopment project, which was a joint venture between the ministry, developer and the residents, was a pioneer project.
"The residents chose the project developer through open vote, with the ministry acting as moderator.
"We will apply the same process for redevelopment projects in the future," he said at the residents' Hari Raya open house.
Upon completion of the redevelopment project, each flat owner will receive a 85sq m unit with three bedrooms, two toilets, a balcony and a drying yard.