- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Fake passport bearers bought tickets together
- MISSING MH370: Debris near Tho Chu island not from MH370
- MISSING MH370: Search in coastal areas
- MISSING MH370: Pix Gallery Day 2
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Thai police target 'passport ring' in vanished flight probe
- MISSING MH370: Radar showed missing plane may have turned back
- MISSING MH370: MAS to fly Chinese families to KL
- MISSING MH370: Love and support for Capt Zaharie fills social media
- MISSING MH370 : Businessman who cancels flight shocked over missing MAS plane
- MISSING MH370: Disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters
- MISSING MH370: PM: Govt will review all protocols, upgrade KLIA's security
- MISSING MH370: Malaysia welcomes SAR assistance from other countries
- MISSING MH370: US dispatch two ships, aircraft to assist SAR operation More
FESTIVAL: The inaugural Pesta Tanglung 2012 on Sunday will have the bright splendour of a lantern parade and various performances
SUBANG JAYA : SUBANG Jaya residents will have the opportunity to participate in the inaugural Pesta Tanglung 2012 to be held on Sunday.
The festival will have the bright splendour of a lantern parade together with various performances.
It is organised by The Summit Subang USJ, Balai Bomba Subang Jaya, Balai Polis Subang Jaya and the Subang Jaya Municipal Council.
The first-of-its-kind event hosted by a shopping mall and three government agencies will be full of performances by students of SRJK (C) Chee Wen, and the line dancers from USJ 2 and USJ6 Rukun Tetangga members, besides the lantern parade.
The Summit Subang USJ's Joint Management Body chairman Zuhairy Mohd Isa said 1,500 lanterns will be given away.
"One thousand lanterns will be sponsored by The Summit Subang USJ, while the remaining 500 lanterns will be sponsored by Sunway Pyramid.
"These will be given out to those who show up for the event.
"We are excited about this event as it is the first time we are organising this with the help of government agencies in Subang Jaya as a community event," said Zuhairy.
The Summit Subang USJ will be making a donation of RM5,000 to the SRJK (C) Chee Wen Building Fund at the event.
The three-hour event will be held at the compound of the SS17 Balai Bomba.
Lanterns will adorn both the Bomba and police station in SS17 several days before the event to liven up the atmosphere.
Subang Jaya Fire and Rescue Department chief deputy Supt Mohd Khairi Daud said the station was happy to host the cultural event with the community and partners.
"We are looking forward to seeing residents, old and young, coming together for this fun evening as we play with lanterns, watch the performances and get to know one another," he said.
Subang Jaya OCPD ACP Yahaya Ramli, who is also expected to participate in the event, said he was supportive of the initiative taken by the community.
"The Subang Jaya police force is more than happy to join in the festivities," said Ramli.
The event is open to all Subang Jaya, USJ, Bandar Sunway and Putra Heights residents.
Free mooncakes will also be given out to residents who come for the event.
Children are encouraged to also bring along their favourite lanterns to liven up the evening. -- SJ Echo