- MH192: Bangalore bound flight made an air turn-back
- MH192 Update: Aircraft lands safely at KLIA
- MH192: Passengers express relief and gratitude to heroic pilot
- MH370 Tragedy: NOK committee to set date for 'no survivors' announcement
- Karpal Singh's Death: The Tiger is finally put to rest
- Karpal Singh's Death: Nawawi apologises to Karpal's family
- UPDATE:12 students lost in Bako National Park found, 1 dead
- MH192: MAS given 2 days to furnish cabinet with report
- MISSING MH370: Debris found at Straits of Malacca
- MH370 Tragedy: Police have recorded statements from 260 people
- MH192: Police to look into elements of sabotage
- Tour bus tragedy updates : UK tourist identified as victim
- S.Korea ferry incident: More bodies from ship; transcript reveals wavering
- GOOGLE: Malaysia’s Top 10 Trending Searches on Google
- British tourist killed in bus crash More
CELEBRITY FITNESS WORKSHOP:Participants learn self-defence techniques and crime prevention
PREMIER fitness club Celebrity Fitness successfully concluded their first-ever crime prevention workshop recently. Held at the Wangsa Maju club, the workshop featured speakers and instructors from the police and Malaysia Crime Prevention Foundation.
Working on the premise that prevention is better than cure, the workshop was held to provide Celebrity Fitness members with personal safety knowledge and skills necessary to defend themselves against crime.
"With so many cases of crime taking place every day, we thought it would be beneficial for our members if we held a personal safety workshop," said Celebrity Fitness Malaysia senior marketing manager Evelyn Low.
The workshop was organised with the support of the Royal Malaysian Police and Malaysia Crime Prevention Foundation (MCPF). Representatives from both organisations were present at the event.
The workshop covered aspects of personal safety and self-defence, touched on the importance of education in crime prevention, and cleared the misconception that martial arts and self-defence is the same thing.
The workshop also addressed violent, street, sexual (eg. sexual harassment) and property crimes, as well as domestic violence and cyber crime.
The workshop was filled with activities that kept participants occupied and informed.
Master Saiful Hamirruzzaman Mohd Hazir from the MCPF gave a personal safety talk, imparting valuable information to participants.
Later, a team of Celebrity Fitness Body Combat instructors performed a demonstration on how physical training and body combat can be used as self-defence in a crime situation.
Included in the activities was a practical self-defence session where participants demonstrated their new skills.
Practical techniques and tactics were taught for streetwise self-defence, dealing with panic and how to save one's life.
Effective demolishing techniques and minimisation of risk and injuries were also taught during the session.
The workshop was made possible with the partnership of BMS Organics, Horleys, Boost Juice and Momentum.